Eric Garcia - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garcia is a little taller than Carlos Puyol and Franco Baresi; I'd have been happy to pair either of them with Laporte. He looks as though he could end up be a strong guy physically.

Yeah he did look like he had stacked on a bit of decent weight yesterday.....in a good way.

I guess Pep balances it up with the ability to build from the bak footballing brain etc and the pay off sometimes is maybe that slight lack of physical presence...we have been spoilt with Kompany and still are with Laporte I guess

I made a reasoned post, I can't account for you failing to comprehend it. Who indeed does Foden play ahead of? Maybe David Silva but in the overall pecking order, he falls behind David in terms of XI. To be rotated, you'd have to earn that spot in the selection process - if Foden hasn't moved into it, for whatever reasons, the 19 y.o. isn't ready yet. It's hardly the end of the world or some indictment of failing to develop

No one in decades has brought more youth along to senior football in Europe than Guardiola, if he isn't doing it well enough for you then you'll never be satisfied

Silly man. And don’t talk down to me either, unless you want both barrels.

It’s a waste of time engaging further. Toodle-pip.

Yeah he did look like he had stacked on a bit of decent weight yesterday.....in a good way.

I guess Pep balances it up with the ability to build from the bak footballing brain etc and the pay off sometimes is maybe that slight lack of physical presence...we have been spoilt with Kompany and still are with Laporte I guess

Lack of height can be a problem for us in certain situations but we play in a way that minimizes those. Ultimately, you can rarely have everything.

A big and smallish CB paring is not too much of an issue if you have height elsewhere in the team. Our problem is a general lack of it; although Rodri has brought additional height and physical presence.

Hopefully Garcia will grow a little bit taller but clearly he's not going to be 6 foot plus.

Don't understand complaints about lack of height. Perfect team does not exist. Our weakness is lack of height? So be it. If height was not our weakness, then we would have another weakness that maybe currently is not.

Also if we had lot of tall guys in our team, our mobility would be far worse and thus pressing worse.
Yes he does lack heigh and physical presence but having watched him yesterday what struck me most was his leadership qualities this guy was only on the field 30 seconds and he was gesturing to those around them regarding positioning. He must have been nervous but he had a keen awareness of what was going on around him.While you must factor in that Watford were dead in the water this was a performance well beyond his years. I would be very surprised if he is not a regular starter within the next season or two.

Only watched Garcia on a few occasions but he certainly shows leadership qualities , reads the game so well , the big test would be playing him in a top six game from the start , but it won't happen at 18 years old , a few cup games and some of the lesser Champs league games would be ideal to gain experience.

Lack of height can be a problem for us in certain situations but we play in a way that minimizes those. Ultimately, you can rarely have everything.

A big and smallish CB paring is not too much of an issue if you have height elsewhere in the team. Our problem is a general lack of it; although Rodri has brought additional height and physical presence.

Hopefully Garcia will grow a little bit taller but clearly he's not going to be 6 foot plus.
He's already six feet I remember reading somewhere.
Edit:
182 centimetres = 5 feet 11.654 inch

If he has a bit of strength, a good leap and is good at reading the trajectory then his height is redundant.

Fernandinho is skinny and like 5'10 max yet is probably the second best winner of headers in the team(after Ota).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.