Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure I saw him as a Centre back long term but more as a defensive midfielder, but either way he was a player with great technical ability and from what has been written about him a desire to learn.

Shame to see him leave as he was clearly highly rated by Pep and could arguably put us in a poorer negotiating position with Napoli. Not relevant to Garcia, particularly, but I do wonder why we don't include the optional one year extension in contracts.

A sell on would be pointless.

You add sell ons when you sell to Leicester or Dortmund, stepping stones where a player could get a massive transfer from.

There's not much point adding them to Barca because they don't sell anyone (especially not academy kids) if they're worth enough for the sell-on to be worthwhile.

I'm sure there will be add-ons, I expect it will be appearances and trophy based.

They sell their flops, most recently d.suarez to arsenal, we got 3m out of that. all counts.

I'd been told so and Transfermarkt, usually very reliable on such, also stated such. Link was posted on here I think?

It would also seem strange Barca are willing to negotiate a decent fee with us if they can pick him up for nowt next year, considering how skint they are.

It is a bit of political move, next year won't count for much. Besides, they may need to pay next year anyway, if he is an acedemy player, they don't go out free, a tribunal sets a sum.

Is it really reasonable to expect Koulibaly plus Garcias replacement during this window?
Would mean we’ve replaced 75% of our centrebacks within month.

Fuck him. If he doesn’t want to play for City, we’re better off without him.

I’m very disappointed he’s not prepared to sign a contract extension, but if we can receive close to £30 million for him, I’d be delighted.

Fuck him. If he doesn’t want to play for City, we’re better off without him.

I’m very disappointed he’s not prepared to sign a contract extension, but if we can receive close to £30 million for him, I’d be delighted.

We’ll be likely settling for 10m now with a litany of improbable add ons that might, just might, eventually amount to 20m, but only in about 2035. Tis the way of such contracts. :-(

How do we know Pep wasn’t just playing him to try to convince him to extend, to lull him into a feeling that he is more important than he actually is? Maybe that was the reality and Garcia looked at our obvious transfer intentions and realised he’s 4th choice at best next season. Garcia suddenly playing out of nowhere seems to align more with that theory than Pep suddenly gaining more trust in him. I think it was part of an effort to get him to extend. Which Garcia, being an intelligent kid, clearly didn’t fall for. Barca could be selling him a pipe dream though, but that’s the decision he’s taken.

Pep don’t play games you should know that he is a straight shooter!

If Barcelona wants to lie to the kid telling him he is going to start the kids naive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.