Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a bit of political move, next year won't count for much. Besides, they may need to pay next year anyway, if he is an acedemy player, they don't go out free, a tribunal sets a sum.

Tribunal is only for Uk based transfers. If he goes oversees we only get the FIFA training compensation which is peanuts.

Believe me, I have no sentiment for any player. The objectives of the academy are twofold. Firstly, it is to produce a surplus of young players from whom we can make continued profit to support the operation. Second, it is to produce young players who can progress to the first team and have careers at the club. Foden, Diaz, and Eric Garcia fall into the second category, and while we may take comfort from the 40 million now, that has to be seen in relation to the amount we spend in the future on players to fill their absence.

We drop 50 million now for Koulibaly and probably treble to quadruple that in 2024 for his replacement, at the very point when Garcia should have been stepping up to fill the gap. Still, what about that 20 million? :-(

The club will put a brave face on it, but I’d imagine they’re furious. My grievance is that they should have seen it coming and that they don’t seem to have learned their lesson. That is why I’ve been calling for more investment in South American youngsters. It’s no coincidence that our Brazilian and Argentinian players have generally settled and remained so much longer at the club.

Most S.American players at that age never make it here, as they can't get a work permit. They end up loaned to gironas and bredas who don't play them enough, and sold for marginal profit.

He and Garcia were a great pair at Youth level, neither massively stood out above the other from what I saw. THB is a big prospect, Pep doesn't give out games for free and he got his first start and first european game at 17.
I honestly think THB will be better suited Physically to the premier league than Garcia may not have that natural talent as such of Garcia,but I like him just a shame he didn’t get a number of minutes in the remaining games this season to get a better impression of him ..

What exactly are you suggesting 'has come out' in the last 48 hrs? That Eric made a decision to leave or that he told Pep finally? He has rebuffed contract extensions since end of last year so no question it takes two to tango, similarly Txiki et al understood both what happens to an expiring contract for a player much less a Catalan cantera kid desiring a return home

The only thing that came out is Pep answering the question - he could've just as easily said he will talk about transfers at the end of CL. Pep never does anything without thinking it through, if nothing else he took the opportunity to contain the story which had been building for months

And indeed there is something to be gained by Puyol & Garcia to leak to Domenech his interest to return. I have repeatedly stated this, a cantera player that leaves on their own volition when they were prioritized must be proactive for any return to be possible, hence the leak. Prior to that all anyone knew was the player had stalled on extending, there were no links for a Barca return until the leak. It was clever from Puyol & Garcia, plus they used an extremely reputable source in Domenech - it applied pressure on the board. Even initially there was speculation that the board were not interested or at best were going to only give the illusion of his pursuit to appease a base that have grown tired of this shite board

The leak was to show interest in returning should the board prioritize him, local papers did not react for weeks after. It built momentum until a response was warranted but absolutely baseless that somehow Barca unsettled the player or engaged in anything unprofessional.

The obsessive repeat use of 'Catalan cantera kid' is really fucking tedious pal.

And its fucking La Masia btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.