Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible flaw in that. According to Transfermarkt, which we know isn’t entirely reliable, Adarabioyo’s contract expires in June 2021, so presumably he’d be free to sign elsewhere in January.
I think Tosin would be more than happy if he was offered a contract extension. He’s a local City fan just like Phil, and has said he’s dreaming about being our captain

Possible flaw in that. According to Transfermarkt, which we know isn’t entirely reliable, Adarabioyo’s contract expires in June 2021, so presumably he’d be free to sign elsewhere in January.

He'll sign a new deal if he's given a shot at a first team spot. Kid is City through and through, only a few months ago he was talking about how he still hopes he'll captain us in 5 years.

Seems Garcia heads where his heart is. Pity as he is a real talented defender.
We have to accept City still find it hard to keep young players: It’s touch to take seeing the likes of Sancho, Sane and now Garcia leave. These are three really talented players. Of course no one knows how they develop the next few years. And they can all have different reasons. Fact is City leaders won’t be happy.
It is tough To take I agree, but I accept that’s the reality on the whole of being one of the best sides in world football. We aren’t united, arsenal or Chelsea who currently battle for top 4 and have been forced to play kids. We are there every season pretty much for 10 years and that’s the expectation. Pep is judged on trophies, not how many kids got a chance to play.

He'll sign a new deal if he's given a shot at a first team spot. Kid is City through and through, only a few months ago he was talking about how he still hopes he'll captain us in 5 years.

I know, but for some reason I’ve started to have ‘trust issues’ today. Might be the threads I’m reading...

It really doesn't have to be an either/or. Harwood-Bellis is only 18, he doesn't need to be loaned out urgently.

Let them fight it out. We're going to play a stupid amount of games, a very congested schedule. If Pep isn't convinced by Tosin by January he can be sold (Likely at a much higher price after 10 games for us), and if Tosin does nail down the spot, Harwood-Bellis can go on loan in January when he turns 19.
Taylor is a brilliant prospect and I reckon will eventually surpass Garcia but he’s nowhere near ready to play for us yet, needs a year at least playing men’s football.
Not too bothered about Garcia going but I do want us to absolutely gouge Barca on the price. They should be made to think twice about tapping up City prospects in future.

Taylor is a brilliant prospect and I reckon will eventually surpass Garcia but he’s nowhere near ready to play for us yet, needs a year at least playing men’s football.
Not too bothered about Garcia going but I do want us to absolutely gouge Barca on the price. They should be made to think twice about tapping up City prospects in future.

Why does THB need a year playing mens football somewhere before he's ready? Garcia didn't.

Both BBC and the guardian claiming we will demand at least £30m for Garcia. Reads as if they have been briefed, rather than speculating.

I obviously don't think we'll get near that. But we obviously won't entertain 10m either.

£20m +, and some decent bonuses and it is a good halfway point.

Taylor is a year younger. And not entirely convinced Garcia proved he was ready either tbh

So Taylor's the age Garcia was going into the season when he started 13 PL games.

He's played 2 years of u23 football, he's been in first team training seemingly permanently for 2 seasons. We know he's more physically developed than Garcia even now.

We're looking for a 4th or possibly 5th choice CB here, not the guy to partner Laporte. He's going to be playing cup games, the occasional easy home game and maybe if we have a real string of injuries at CB he'll play a few more.

Shame. Great defender though may have an issue facing pace.
The moral if the story is don't give a youth player much game time unless they sign up for 4-5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.