Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can Barca even buy players without selling? Read something about La Liga banning them from bidding for Wijnaldum until they balance the books. They really seem in a mess.

That would be very decent money for us and sheer lunacy for Barca. Why would they pay for somebody they’ve all but signed for free next summer already? The only reason for bringing him in now from a Barca perspective is if there’s a risk of him going elsewhere which seems extremely unlikely or if he can provide more value on the pitch this season than the transfer fee, which again seems unlikely. he’s not good enough right now to be starting for Barca and If he’s going straight into the Barca first team then they’ve got bigger problem than anybody thought.

No reason to believe that is true but I’d snap their hands off if it was legit.

It wouldn’t be for free next summer as they’d be obliged to pay us a development fee.
Not sure how that’s calculated but believe it’s based on how long we’d developed said player for and current perceived market value.

Could someone who’s educated on this topic please elaborate for my benefit? Ta

It wouldn’t be for free next summer as they’d be obliged to pay us a development fee.
Not sure how that’s calculated but believe it’s based on how long we’d developed said player for and current perceived market value.

Could someone who’s educated on this topic please elaborate for my benefit? Ta
We would get next to nowt through the 'Fifa training regime'. I think you are probably thinking of the development regs for English to English clubs whereby a tribunal sets the fee if the club's don't agree.
Ironically if it was done by Fifa, Barcelona would get a slice of the fee as they partly developed him.

Partly, 10 years vs 3 - ridiculous assessment

Domenech reports that Garcia not being in the lineup against Wolves has nothing to do with pending transfer - he had 17 stitches due to laceration on skull

Partly, 10 years vs 3 - ridiculous assessment

Domenech reports that Garcia not being in the lineup against Wolves has nothing to do with pending transfer - he had 17 stitches due to laceration on skull
Is 10 years v 3 not partly? You didn't fully develop him, so you can only have developed him partly. You might want to look at the definition of partly before saying peoples assesment is ridiculous.

Partly - to some extent, not completely.

Is 10 years v 3 not partly? You didn't fully develop him, so you can only have developed him partly. You might want to look at the definition of partly before saying peoples assesment is ridiculous.

Partly - to some extent, not completely.

Partly is never used to describe say mostly, rather a portion of a whole and understood to not be an equal portion much less majority. 10 pounds vs 3 pounds contribution to something, no one would say the tenner constituted a partial donation - more like the 3 would

Partly is never used to describe say mostly, rather a portion of a whole and understood to not be an equal portion much less majority. 10 pounds vs 3 pounds contribution to something, no one would say the tenner constituted a partial donation - more like the 3 would
If you want to use your own definition that's fine, I'll stick with the dictionary definition - which as I pointed out in my last post is 'to some extent, not completely'.

If you want to use your own definition that's fine, I'll stick with the dictionary definition - which as I pointed out in my last post is 'to some extent, not completely'.

If you want stick with a definition that doesn't support what you said or how it is actually used, you're welcome to it as well - doesn't preclude others looking for clarification

As I say, if you told someone you partly contributed to something vs mostly - 10 vs 3 would be impossible to distinguish. The devil is in the details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.