Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't they 800 million in debt? Of course that doesn't count if you are one of five or so clubs. They can afford me but only just in reality but I want to play for City one day....

I was disappointed when he left and even then I recognized it would be an uphill effort for him to eventually return. Cantera kids always want to return eventually unless they were pushed out, not the case with Eric

For now, it would only please me if he returned - the disappointment has passed in terms of his loss

Edu Polo who basically speaks for the board reported this today which I believe means it is unlikely the player will be signing an extension anytime soon:

Barca absolutely want to sign Eric Garcia: this summer or next year free.

Barca know Pep absolutely wants to keep him but the club are offering the player to:
- return home, where his family lives
- be Piqué's heir

Eric Garcia knows that Pep will not stay forever at City. He is considering the offer from Barcelona

Barca would propose a small fee (1 year remaining on contract), trade or wait until 2021 for him to arrive for free (Effectively in January).

If he speaks for the board they might as well get their facts right.

Eric Garcia has two years left on his present contract and isn't available for free next year.

If that's what you concluded from my post, nothing to say really

Footballer's dreams fulfilled at 19 years of age? Hard to take a comment like that seriously, you must be having a laugh. Plus, De Jong played for Ajax but he is not a youth product of their famed academy. De Ligt, however, who indeed is a cantera kid whose dream it was to play for Ajax first team but was too big a player to have his pinnacle there - I guess by your logic the rest of his career (15 years or more) is a step down

Make no mistake, you did

You're obviously not familiar with the difference between an opinion based on hypotheticals and fact

I agree, I am missing it

I also did not make the broad generalization you posted either

I assume that as a Barca fan English isn’t your first language which is why I may not be understanding your point.

You clearly said that being in the Barca academy is different to all others as the pinnacle is becoming a Barca player.

I called bullshit on that point as all youth players want to break into the first team.

If the point you were trying to make is that Barca is different as youth players want to stay at the club for life, whereas Ajax youth players tend to move on after a while. Again, I’ll call bullshit on that point too.

Barca are no different to any club when it comes to the motivation of youth players. Give them a pathway to the first team and pay them well and they’ll stay. Do the opposite and they won’t.

The reason why Barca manage to keep the likes of Messi and Busquets etc is because they’re playing for one of the top sides in Europe with one of the highest wage bills in Europe, whilst being guarenteed first team football.

IF Barca became less competitive on the pitch and paid less than the market value in wages their players would leave.

All this talk of coming through La Masia, and being different is nonsense.

And he is not even a spainard or in the same country,glory hunting,hope eric stays just to piss him off
What he isn’t even from Barcelona? A fucking plastic glory hunter? I’ll tell you one Catalan who will never go back and manage the fuckers, our Pep

What he isn’t even from Barcelona? A fucking plastic glory hunter? I’ll tell you one Catalan who will never go back and manage the fuckers, our Pep
Pep would never stay here past three years,never renew,he is coming back to barca as everyone comes back etc,also he hangs out on ragcafe and slags us off

Pep is the best coach in the world and a catalan,if he stays Eric stays imo
Thats the No 1 question Kaz, if Pep does sign then not only Garcia but Sterling, Kev & in coming signings surely will be thinking twice??

Thats the No 1 question Kaz, if Pep does sign then not only Garcia but Sterling, Kev & in coming signings surely will be thinking twice??
i cant see the others players leaving,kev has said recently he has played under different coaches and when pep leaves he will play under another,so long as we have a decent manager next,not poch or brenda then we will still be a huge draw,eric might think twice if pep isnt here though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.