Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume that as a Barca fan English isn’t your first language which is why I may not be understanding your point.

You are consistent, there's that

You clearly said that being in the Barca academy is different to all others as the pinnacle is becoming a Barca player.

I called bullshit on that point as all youth players want to break into the first team.

I did clearly state that. Question of comprehension rather than language as I did not state or even intimate the following:

Are you actually arguing that Barca is the only club who has youth players who want to play for the first team?

A dream of a player is to succeed in the 1st team of their club. The difference at Barca is that this dream is the pinnacle, there is no other club that trumps that achievement and hence no reason to covet a move to another club. De Ligt is a great example, even at 19 where your career is just starting he left his dream club - it was not the pinnacle. This does not happen at Barca

If the point you were trying to make is that Barca is different as youth players want to stay at the club for life, whereas Ajax youth players tend to move on after a while. Again, I’ll call bullshit on that point too.

There are bigger dreams for Ajax youth products that become world class than just making it to the 1st team - that is clear since none remain, De Ligt is only one example

The reason why Barca manage to keep the likes of Messi and Busquets etc is because they’re playing for one of the top sides in Europe with one of the highest wage bills in Europe, whilst being guarenteed first team football.

IF Barca became less competitive on the pitch and paid less than the market value in wages their players would leave.

All this talk of coming through La Masia, and being different is nonsense.

Like I have posted, Pep & Txiki know this to be true

Garcia definitely has talent in terms of his awareness and passing. Lacks height which may not be an issue moving forward and isn’t the quickest. However, at the moment and almost certainly down to his age and lack of experience he is easily beaten. Needs some time to develop physically which he will get at City. Hopefully can learn to defend from the likes of Laporte and Ferny rather than Nico.

What I don't understand is, if the premise is that a player who opponents can currently run past easily, as if he doesn't exist, can be taught to defend & therefore overcome this drawback in the future, why don't we try finding a kid who is equally good at passing, but who is bigger & 3 yards faster, & teach him instead ?

The only thing keeping Messi at Barca (beyond his wallet) is a fear of reputational damage if he leaves. Club is in a relative mess, really badly set up for the future, manager on his way out and the board is all over the place.
FC Barca sounding more and more like the dippers’ ‘this means more’. No it doesnt. It means the same to its fans as every other club does to their fans, and you have no right to assume players would pick to go back just because they started there

The only thing keeping Messi at Barca (beyond his wallet) is a fear of reputational damage if he leaves. Club is in a relative mess, really badly set up for the future, manager on his way out and the board is all over the place.
FC Barca sounding more and more like the dippers’ ‘this means more’. No it doesnt. It means the same to its fans as every other club does to their fans, and you have no right to assume players would pick to go back just because they started there

nailed it mate! Apart from the fact this FCBARCA guy is a glory hunter, his arrogance is a sign that he knows barca are FUCKED! Messi at the tailend of his career and by the time they get their loan, barca will in a sense be over 1.6bn euros in debt!! Soon the messi sponsor show will end and that will damage them further!

Now I know the lad has 2 years left on his contract we know he be going nowhere and signing on with us longer.

Edu works for MD which is part of Group Godo and effectively mouthpiece for the board
Is Joan Laporta still looking at returning or trying to?

And if he was, has he mentioned anything about the 3 amigos returning to?

Is Joan Laporta still looking at returning or trying to?

And if he was, has he mentioned anything about the 3 amigos returning to?

Unclear if he will run or not, last elections he split a lot of the votes with Benedito and for those opposed to Rosell & Bartomeu the idea is to be more strategic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.