Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mugged off? Its even more embarrassing for him to walk out for nothing.

If anything we are mugging Barca off by taking nearly 15m for a player they can take for free in two months.

Please don't mention the tribunal again, we will get barely a few million but minus off the wages we have had to pay him till the end of the contract it's barely worth mentioning
The tribunal will be less than £500k I posted the calcs a few days ago.

Edit here they are again.

Barcelona are angry at Manchester City. They feel betrayed in the Eric Garcia Situation. Barcelona always thought they had a good relationship with Manchester City for not going for Sergio Aguero in the past[AS]

Bench him for 1 season
Yeah we have a dead good relationship with Barca!!!!!!
Wasn't it Feb that Pep warned Barcelona not to "talk too loud" after their president Josep Maria Bartomeu thanked Uefa for handing Manchester City a two-year ban from European football for breaching Financial Fair Play rules.

Barcelona are angry at Manchester City. They feel betrayed in the Eric Garcia Situation. Barcelona always thought they had a good relationship with Manchester City for not going for Sergio Aguero in the past[AS]

Bench him for 1 season
I don’t get it, $13 mil is less than $15 mil but at end of season he walks and we get nothing, and pay his wages and probably don’t play him much ( I hope, you would piss the people who want to stay if we do) where is the win in this , stupid decision

I don’t get it, $13 mil is less than $15 mil but at end of season he walks and we get nothing, and pay his wages and probably don’t play him much ( I hope, you would piss the people who want to stay if we do) where is the win in this , stupid decision

The "Win" is in the next time we do business with either them or the other entitled European royalty who think they can treat us like a small club.

Down the line a stance like this pays off.

Last edited:
His salary is not that much and we were getting 10M or so upfront; half the price city had set for him. By refusing we didn't let barcelona to bully us. A win I would say since we are not desperate for money.

Pep publically said in August, that he believed Garcia wanted to leave the club:

and Pep has also said in the past he doesnt want to keep unhappy players: ("I want people here to be happy. If they don’t want, they go").

I would imagine Garcia expected to be allowed to leave, City and Barca seemed very close to making a deal.

It's a pity a deal couldnt be found. Unhappy fringe players could potentially disrupt the harmony of the squad.
If we were very close to making a deal he'd be gone. It smells as if Barca were playing silly buggers.

Apparently Garcia is a little miffed with our club , perhaps he should target his ire at his mates at Barca who wouldnt stump up the extra £2m , doesnt bode well , they obviously dont rate him that highly or they would have paid up , i can see Garcias future and it involves splinters and his arse.

Because we have just been mugged off by Bayern had we allowed it to happen again it would become a regular occurance.
Mugged off by Bayern? Given his knee capsule tear I'm thinking you've got that the wrong way round. He's pushing 25 and could already be a spent force.

Mugged off? Its even more embarrassing for him to walk out for nothing.

If anything we are mugging Barca off by taking nearly 15m for a player they can take for free in two months.

Please don't mention the tribunal again, we will get barely a few million but minus off the wages we have had to pay him till the end of the contract it's barely worth mentioning
They cant take him for free,they can sign a pre contract,but he still be here till the season ends,
Plus depends if he gets game time,I doubt he be a happy chappie,
City didn't let him down they did,so fk em..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.