Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Omar Berrada:

“He’s become a top young centre back who Pep trusts, and we feel that keeping him this season was worth more than what we were offered for him.

“We believe that he can add depth to the squad, and can be important in important games.

“This is a season that is going to be very difficult for the players, physically and mentally. It’s very congested, there will be a lot of pressure to play many games both in terms of club competitions but also the international games that they have to play, so it is all very concentrated and congested.

“We had a conversation with Barcelona about Eric García. We were very clear what we felt his valuation was - they weren’t able or were willing to meet it, so our decision was to keep him. We think he’ll be important for us.”

No problems with that IMO.

From Omar Berrada:

“He’s become a top young centre back who Pep trusts, and we feel that keeping him this season was worth more than what we were offered for him.

“We believe that he can add depth to the squad, and can be important in important games.

“This is a season that is going to be very difficult for the players, physically and mentally. It’s very congested, there will be a lot of pressure to play many games both in terms of club competitions but also the international games that they have to play, so it is all very concentrated and congested.

“We had a conversation with Barcelona about Eric García. We were very clear what we felt his valuation was - they weren’t able or were willing to meet it, so our decision was to keep him. We think he’ll be important for us.”

It’s also a statement that Barca are now broken tramps.

From Omar Berrada:

Yup I'll go with that!

I see Pique has signed an extension at Barcelona.

And yet the narrative was that Garcia would pretty much fit into his shoes straight away.

As i've said before, i fully understand his desire to go back there, but if he (or anyone) thought he was going to get more minutes and play more, he is as naive as he is slow. He was a political PR pawn signing, nothing more. Which is why Barcelona wouldn't pay what it would have took to bring him in.

I see Pique has signed an extension at Barcelona.

And yet the narrative was that Garcia would pretty much fit into his shoes straight away.

As i've said before, i fully understand his desire to go back there, but if he (or anyone) thought he was going to get more minutes and play more, he is as naive as he is slow. He was a political PR pawn signing, nothing more. Which is why Barcelona wouldn't pay what it would have took to bring him in.
Considering it's only just been announced you could also argue that they've done this because they couldn't get Garcia. And by extension they didn't get Garcia because they couldn't afford the fee for him.

That said the politics at that club are so screwed that not many people will actually know the truth either way.

Considering it's only just been announced you could also argue that they've done this because they couldn't get Garcia. And by extension they didn't get Garcia because they couldn't afford the fee for him.

That said the politics at that club are so screwed that not many people will actually know the truth either way.

I doubt it was because they didn't get Garcia myself. Contract extensions don't get agreed overnight, and he's still here this season (till Garcia comes). So this would have been started some time ago. They were probably waiting till they lured in Garcia before announcing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.