Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure Garcia is a lovely guy but I won’t be sorry when he goes. Lacks pace, arguably slower than Stones who isn’t that quick,doesn’t appear to have much positional sense and isn’t aggressive enough. Lucky not to concede a penalty yesterday. Maybe due to injuries to Ferny, Ake and Laporte, Pep thought he was a better option than Stones but surely one the others are back he shouldn’t be anywhere near the team

I am sure Garcia is a lovely guy but I won’t be sorry when he goes. Lacks pace, arguably slower than Stones who isn’t that quick,doesn’t appear to have much positional sense and isn’t aggressive enough. Lucky not to concede a penalty yesterday. Maybe due to injuries to Ferny, Ake and Laporte, Pep thought he was a better option than Stones but surely one the others are back he shouldn’t be anywhere near the team
He's not my favourite either but to be fair that was a great tackle, even VAR would have come down on his side.

He's not my favourite either but to be fair that was a great tackle, even VAR would have come down on his side
Had a penalty been given VAR wouldn’t have overruled it but IMO it wasn’t a great tackle, it was a foul and we got away with one.

I don’t blame Garcia for this, btw. If I was his age, I’d want to be back home close to family during a global pandemic too. Just find Guardiola’s persistence with him to be utterly baffling.

I don't blame him at all.

There is no future for him at City. But he's making mistakes others are not allowed to make & still getting picked, therefore doing my fucking head in.

Garcia gets so much undeserved hate on here. I agree that he hasn’t always shone when he’s played but we don’t see what Pep and the coaching staff see working with him every day. They clearly rate him and think of him very highly and it’s not because he’s from Catalonia like some posters are claiming.

Do you really think that someone as obsessed with winning as Pep would pick Garcia over Stones and Otamendi if he didn’t think he was better than them? As fans we don’t always see the whole picture. We don’t see what Garcia is like in training, in the dressing room, etc. Pep and the rest of the coaching staff clearly want him here and see a future for him.

Remember he’s only 19 as well. He’s still 10-12 years off his peak. Hopefully he changes his mind and stays—if not then I don’t blame him for wanting to return to his home to play for his boyhood club.

He has put a transfer Request today to let him leave him in January, so the club can react and buy a Replacement. [AS]

Garcia gets so much undeserved hate on here. I agree that he hasn’t always shone when he’s played but we don’t see what Pep and the coaching staff see working with him every day. They clearly rate him and think of him very highly and it’s not because he’s from Catalonia like some posters are claiming.

Do you really think that someone as obsessed with winning as Pep would pick Garcia over Stones and Otamendi if he didn’t think he was better than them? As fans we don’t always see the whole picture. We don’t see what Garcia is like in training, in the dressing room, etc. Pep and the rest of the coaching staff clearly want him here and see a future for him.

Remember he’s only 19 as well. He’s still 10-12 years off his peak. Hopefully he changes his mind and stays—if not then I don’t blame him for wanting to return to his home to play for his boyhood club.

It's blatant bias.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.