Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
15m on the table for a player whos going to leave on a free is a good offer. I will never believe it is not.

Being bullied? we are having their pants down taking 15m off them instead now they are taking him on a free, he has been taking a place on the bench away from someone like Harwood-Bellis is enough of a reason that he should be binned.

Sterling got 6mths left on his contract has he?

By all accounts we were quibbling over a couple million, why did we bother is my issue here. He has been sat on the bench taking a space away from someone who actually wants to be here and looks like he will be for another 6months. Its embarassing.

I gave you the explanation from the club's perspective as I understand it. You can believe it or not , I'm not arsed.

The management don't care what you or I think of their decisions . Personally I couldn't care less what happens regarding Garcia as he is not good enough for City and I do not see what he will bring to Barca but not my concern.

If we get fuck all for him , then so be it.

Fyi I want to see him leave asap.

How was it awful. They were offering way below the clubs asking price, and at the time we were short on CBs.
Its awful because we had money on the table and hes going on a free?
tbf its quite frankly 'awful' the club prioritised Garcia ahead of THB and Fernandinho.

Ake, Laporte, Dias, Stones, THB and Fernandinho is being short on CBs?

About the 'shite' bit, he does.

Nah, he just hates the guy because he’s chosen to honour his contract then move on.

In a personal note; I’ve not seen anything more in Garcia than a hugely talented youth who first played 1st team footie for us at 19.
IMO he’s miles away from being the finished article but, then again, you wouldn’t expect a centre back to hit his peak until he’s in his late 20’s, so plenty of time for that to happen.
In the interim, Guardiola and his management team value the kid highly, Barca value the kid highly, the Spanish national team value the kid highly.

He may not be the bees knees just yet, and I’m not arsed whether he stays or goes, but he is quite obviously not shite and those slagging him off are demeaning our fan base - taking us down to a rawk level of hate clothed as ignorance.

Nah, he just hates the guy because he’s chosen to honour his contract then move on.

In a personal note; I’ve not seen anything more in Garcia than a hugely talented youth who first played 1st team footie for us at 19.
IMO he’s miles away from being the finished article but, then again, you wouldn’t expect a centre back to hit his peak until he’s in his late 20’s, so plenty of time for that to happen.
In the interim, Guardiola and his management team value the kid highly, Barca value the kid highly, the Spanish national team value the kid highly.

He may not be the bees knees just yet, and I’m not arsed whether he stays or goes, but he is quite obviously not shite and those slagging him off are demeaning our fan base - taking us down to a rawk level of hate clothed as ignorance.

He quite obviously IS shite.

Complete & utter, total, stinking, shite.

The question is whether he will one day become unshite. If he does then Barca will benefit from it.

Meanwhile he is consistently lowering the standards of our team & putting pressure on those who play alongside him, because he's from Barca's academy.

No other kid gets the same leeway. Not one.

He quite obviously IS shite.

Complete & utter, total, stinking, shite.

The question is whether he will one day become unshite. If he does then Barca will benefit from it.

Meanwhile he is consistently lowering the standards of our team & putting pressure on those who play alongside him, because he's from Barca's academy.

No other kid gets the same leeway. Not one.
You, Sir, have a super power.

Its awful because we had money on the table and hes going on a free?
tbf its quite frankly 'awful' the club prioritised Garcia ahead of THB and Fernandinho.

Ake, Laporte, Dias, Stones, THB and Fernandinho is being short on CBs?

You use the term awful, an awful lot. I'd hate to think someone like you were in charge of our ins and outs. We'd end up with 500m in the bank and no squad. 3 of the players you use as a reason to sell Garcia were nowhere near getting into the team, at the time Barca were offering 7m for Garcia. Stones as just recently started playing, Ferna will only be considered out of desperation and HB isnt ready yet. So keeping Garcia, was a sound option.

And it's been pointed out on numerous occasions, that the club dont like being bullied into selling. Hence the reason they didnt sell Sane until it was absolutely necessary. And by then, they had a replacement set up if he didnt renew.

Read this and see if it makes sense. Because it does to me

The message is getting through – clubs used to take advantage of City’s new-found wealth post-takeover, but now they pay much closer to the market value.

So it makes sense to apply the same rule when selling. Once you have hit your bottom line, you go no further, even for the sake of a couple of million.

Perhaps the question should be asked of Barcelona, as to why they did not just chuck in the extra few bob.

Now it is down to Garcia. If he plays a key role in a successful City season, the £18million will become insignificant – if he doesn’t, it will look like a gamble that went wrong, but at least saw the Blues stick to their buying and selling principles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.