Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
He quite obviously IS shite.

Complete & utter, total, stinking, shite.

The question is whether he will one day become unshite. If he does then Barca will benefit from it.

Meanwhile he is consistently lowering the standards of our team & putting pressure on those who play alongside him, because he's from Barca's academy.

No other kid gets the same leeway. Not one.

absolutely

So much negativity about a kid. He's 19/20. Will he make a great defender? I don't know yet. He hasn't got great pace and he isn't tall, so the odds are against it, but he is intelligent and has potential. He plays for his country fgs. I know Barca are in trouble cash wise but 10m wont make any difference and 10/15 is peanuts for us, so the money is irrelevant. I think it's more of a statment signing for them - we can get players from City.

He seems like a good kid. It's not long ago that he was attending youth games, supporting the kids. Maybe he was tapped up? Maybe the chance to play for his own club was a big pull. I would rather he sat on the bench and HTB play in the u23s, if he's commited to going. Personally, I think it will be a while before Barca get their mojo back, but I've been known to talk shite before.

Supposing he goes back, and he gets talking to the next big thing in Spain, and that kid is thinking of coming here, and the kids says. 'whats it like there, apart from the rain?' We've been slagged off before, by ex players, and it probably wasn't justified, this time he'd be right.

And if he goes, I hope he makes it.

Eric's market value decreases each day he approaches the end of his contract so if City will consider much less than the €10M fixed, somewhere in the neighborhood of €3-5M then I see it likely he arrives in January. Else, they will likely reinforce with a cheap veteran until June 30 when Garcia can arrive for free

I did not understand City's position in August so I am not optimistic they will change in January but who knows

You use the term awful, an awful lot. I'd hate to think someone like you were in charge of our ins and outs. We'd end up with 500m in the bank and no squad. 3 of the players you use as a reason to sell Garcia were nowhere near getting into the team, at the time Barca were offering 7m for Garcia. Stones as just recently started playing, Ferna will only be considered out of desperation and HB isnt ready yet. So keeping Garcia, was a sound option.

And it's been pointed out on numerous occasions, that the club dont like being bullied into selling. Hence the reason they didnt sell Sane until it was absolutely necessary. And by then, they had a replacement set up if he didnt renew.

Read this and see if it makes sense. Because it does to me

The message is getting through – clubs used to take advantage of City’s new-found wealth post-takeover, but now they pay much closer to the market value.

So it makes sense to apply the same rule when selling. Once you have hit your bottom line, you go no further, even for the sake of a couple of million.

Perhaps the question should be asked of Barcelona, as to why they did not just chuck in the extra few bob.

Now it is down to Garcia. If he plays a key role in a successful City season, the £18million will become insignificant – if he doesn’t, it will look like a gamble that went wrong, but at least saw the Blues stick to their buying and selling principles.
If I was in charge of the ins and outs I would have sold players who don't want to be here and publically made it clear that we aren't a childcare centre to look after players until they get picked up by Barca.

You say that the likes of Stones were no where near getting into the team, well that is tough shit. There is money on the table, COVID impacting the finances and we burned millions just to keep someone who doesn't want to fucking be here.

How is he still getting a free pass from people, the lad publically stated before a CL knockout game I am leaving, he then proceeded to play the game and be shite and we got knocked out.

I dont know how many more times I can say it, I am aware on what the clubs position was. I have said on countless times that I DISAGREE with it.

"clubs used to take advantage of City’s new-found wealth post-takeover, but now they pay much closer to the market value.",
Clearly true when they are taking this lad for free and we have nearly sold everyone bar youth players at a loss or nowhere near "market value", please provide some examples of where this is incorrect.

He isn't going to play a key role is he? we have 4 senior CB and Fernandinho in front of him. If we are at the stage where they are all injured and Garcia is in then we are fucked, he isn't going to single handely get us the prem.

This feels like a game of Txiki and Ferran trying to spite Barca and its backfired, perhaps they thought they would strong arm Barca into paying what we wanted, instead they are going to take the lad for free. Maybe our payback will be Messi but that changes nothing, we could have got Messi regardless....

I am quite frankly sick of seeing his name on the bench ahead of THB who actually wants to be here and is a City fan. This should be a universal thought process.

Why the clubs cash flows are the worries of fans is beyond me. I’m happy to leave them to it. They’ve been pretty good for the last 10 years. They certainly have better knowledge of the clubs accounts, finances, cash, pep’s preferences and player morale that we do, so to be outraged by not selling him is odd.

Broad picture we can not be seen to be a soft touch allowing our players to be taken by europes elite.

This transfer is about more than just Garcia. Remember this follows Sanes move to Bayern where they lowballed us as well and also got rejected. His subsequent injury was unfortunate, but no one on here would have been happy with undervaluing him at the time, so why are they now happy for the club to sell under value for Garcia.

Whether we think hes crap or not is irrelevant (as it happens I think he is crap) to what the club will do. They rate him, Pep rates him, Barca rates him, Spains manager rates him. Hence he has value. If Barca want him, they pay that valuation (which they can’t afford) or they wait til the summer.

In the meantime we have decent cover for our 3 class CBs and Barca are left with Mingueza (who?!) as their only fit CB. I think I know which club has more leverage right now. 6 months is a long time

Eric's market value decreases each day he approaches the end of his contract so if City will consider much less than the €10M fixed, somewhere in the neighborhood of €3-5M then I see it likely he arrives in January. Else, they will likely reinforce with a cheap veteran until June 30 when Garcia can arrive for free

I did not understand City's position in August so I am not optimistic they will change in January but who knows
I think a lot is boardroom politics and brinkmanship between the two clubs. I’m partly convinced it’s why we poach some of your youth players when the odds looked stacked against that they’ll actually make it here because of their physicality and we have had players who have been just as good regardless.

Really, both parties should’ve done the deal. You desperately needed a new central defender (as has been proven) and we should be developing other young players that do want to be here, and some of those young players, playing in our league, may actually have a higher ceiling than Garcia anyway.

I hope he goes in January for something like €10m, including add ons.

If I was in charge of the ins and outs I would have sold players who don't want to be here and publically made it clear that we aren't a childcare centre to look after players until they get picked up by Barca.

You say that the likes of Stones were no where near getting into the team, well that is tough shit. There is money on the table, COVID impacting the finances and we burned millions just to keep someone who doesn't want to fucking be here.

How is he still getting a free pass from people, the lad publically stated before a CL knockout game I am leaving, he then proceeded to play the game and be shite and we got knocked out.

I dont know how many more times I can say it, I am aware on what the clubs position was. I have said on countless times that I DISAGREE with it.

"clubs used to take advantage of City’s new-found wealth post-takeover, but now they pay much closer to the market value.",
Clearly true when they are taking this lad for free and we have nearly sold everyone bar youth players at a loss or nowhere near "market value", please provide some examples of where this is incorrect.

He isn't going to play a key role is he? we have 4 senior CB and Fernandinho in front of him. If we are at the stage where they are all injured and Garcia is in then we are fucked, he isn't going to single handely get us the prem.

This feels like a game of Txiki and Ferran trying to spite Barca and its backfired, perhaps they thought they would strong arm Barca into paying what we wanted, instead they are going to take the lad for free. Maybe our payback will be Messi but that changes nothing, we could have got Messi regardless....

I am quite frankly sick of seeing his name on the bench ahead of THB who actually wants to be here and is a City fan. This should be a universal thought process.

Most of what you have said is utter BS. Name a player we have lost to Barca Madrid or any other top club, barring Sane that we wanted to keep.

Yes we've been screwed in the past on transfers. But that's always going to happen to new money clubs. It's was out of desperation, to get top players in, that we often over paid. Same applied when we needed to get players off the books. Clubs know all this so they play hardball. And who can blame them. But the minute City start playing the same game, idiots like you start whinging.

Like it's been said. Fans need to just enjoy our football, and not worry about the financial side of things. Let the experts do that

Nah, he just hates the guy because he’s chosen to honour his contract then move on.

In a personal note; I’ve not seen anything more in Garcia than a hugely talented youth who first played 1st team footie for us at 19.
IMO he’s miles away from being the finished article but, then again, you wouldn’t expect a centre back to hit his peak until. he’s in his late 20’s, so plenty of time for that to happen.
In the interim, Guardiola and his management team value the kid highly, Barca value the kid highly, the Spanish national team value the kid highly.

He may not be the bees knees just yet, and I’m not arsed whether he stays or goes, but he is quite obviously not shite and those slagging him off are demeaning our fan base - taking us down to a rawk level of hate clothed as ignorance.
nothing to with hate. he's simply no good.he won't be missed .

Most of what you have said is utter BS. Name a player we have lost to Barca Madrid or any other top club, barring Sane that we wanted to keep.

Yes we've been screwed in the past on transfers. But that's always going to happen to new money clubs. It's was out of desperation, to get top players in, that we often over paid. Same applied when we needed to get players off the books. Clubs know all this so they play hardball. And who can blame them. But the minute City start playing the same game, idiots like you start whinging.

Like it's been said. Fans need to just enjoy our football, and not worry about the financial side of things. Let the experts do that
There is no one to list because we haven't "lost" anyone. Only player we have ever sold who we didn't want to is Sane and even that is debatable.

Why do you keep saying "new money clubs" like some sort of rag or dipper fan. City playing hardball is keeping a player who doesn't want to be here, fck me. Txiki really knows how to show whos boss.

If City wanted to play hardball then Garcia should have been booted from the squad and never to step foot in the CFA again, and Barca would have been told, You can have Garcia but hes 12mths unfit and hasnt kicked a ball since last season, enjoy. That is playing hard ball.

I do enjoy watching football, I don't enjoy seeing Garcia sat on the bench or even getting on the pitch when hes made it very clear hes leaving, how on earth can you enjoy that when we have Harwood-Bellis who loves City sat at home watching on TV. Its complete bollocks.

Nice come back with resorting to calling me an "idiot". Maybe your rag mask has slipped eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.