Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was very widely reported by a host of journalists on deadline day that we turned down €17/18m for him hours before the window shut because it didn’t meet our valuation of £20m+

Yes, that was including add ons and the base figure was going to be lower, but it was still more than this rumoured €5m nonetheless.

Unless all those reports were lies, which I highly doubt they were, it isn’t ‘complete and utter nonsense’. All you need to do is go back and find deadline day thread. At least i’m substantiating my argument with what has been reported in the past, rather than ‘they couldn’t do this, show how could they do that??’

Your Depay argument goes out the window when they managed to put down €21m plus add ons for Dest a few days before the window shut, so they were buying in the summer and were willing to buy Garcia, we just weren’t willing to sell.

I highly believe the reports were utter mince. They came from barcelona mouthpeice outlets in an effort to portray City as being the petty party to put pressure on both the club to accept barcelona's 'reasonable' offer, and on the player to ruffle feathers.

The reports from outlets linked to city were that it was less than €10m, with €5m in 'unachevable' bonuses, and circa €3m in 'difficult' bonuses. So, really not €18m that we turned down.

Considering the club decided to value him at £20m up front pre bonuses, and publicly stated so, (and imho that is a fair valuation in today's market, for a top european club to expect to pay for one of their own) it was frankly a pisstake of an offer, and righly so they ended up flat.

What the club is or isn't willing to avcept now, different discussion. But im 100% comfortable with what the club decided in the summer.

How can you beg your players to take a pay cut then go out and buy a player?
It would be like a boss telling his staff he needs them to take a pay cut to save the business then pulling up the next day in a brand new Bentley

Hopefully it gets wrapped up soon, sick of reading about it. I spent hours in the summer arguing he should have been gone for any sort of fee. Trying to stick with this 20m or whatever has turned out to be pointless. Plenty on here tried to spin it as "City sticking up for themselves", yet 6mths later hes still here, about to go for 5m euros and we have paid his wages for 6mths. Never mind him actually getting on the pitch ahead of others.

If you don't want to be here you should be moved on at the first opportunity.

Sorry for spam reporting Ric, but these trolls who think they are original or funny when they’re a dime a dozen do annoy me. If he’d at least have said something funny rather than the same old bitter shite I could have entertained him.
Why sorry? I reported the supposed Rangers fan myself without engaging with him. It's what the button is there for, let the mods sort it if needed.

Brahim is doing really well at AC Milan and will be a big part of them winning the league this season.

Im sure he and them will be happy to make it permanent.

Its odd that anyone thinks Madrid selling you is a bad thing - the list of world class players Madrid have sold prematurely is extensive.
I'm not sure about him being a big part of them winning the league this season (if they win it). I've not seen him this season at all but looking at the stats he's started 8 out of 17 league games and not finished a single one (for whatever reason). He's hardly a game changer for them yet.

I do like the lad BTW and hope he really comes good. I just can't see a really top career for him although time is definitely on his side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.