Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how Pool stand now being still owed 70 million from player sale? Makes a big dent in their figures.
Makes sense now why City insisted on the low payment for Eric a few weeks ago which Barca were unable to provide.
Apparently Liverpool sold the Coutinho debt on (for cash flow reasons presumably), so probably no effect on them sadly.

Given what Pep has said about Garcia I am surprised he did not get more of a chance this season. The form of Stones and Dias with Laporte doing well when he comes in means that the lad now has no chance. I would not be surprised to see him turn up somewhere other than Barce - Arsenal maybe as a replacement for Luiz?

Given what Pep has said about Garcia I am surprised he did not get more of a chance this season. The form of Stones and Dias with Laporte doing well when he comes in means that the lad now has no chance. I would not be surprised to see him turn up somewhere other than Barce - Arsenal maybe as a replacement for Luiz?
Why would we give him a chance when he's made it absolutely clear he won't be staying at the club? Only way he should be playing this year is to protect or rest our actual centre halves in meaningless games.

Why would we give him a chance when he's made it absolutely clear he won't be staying at the club? Only way he should be playing this year is to protect or rest our actual centre halves in meaningless games.
I agree with you entirely - I was just surprised how gushing Pep was in his praise. If Garcia had been a player under bacon-face can you imagine anything similar?
Will be interesting to see whether he gets picked for Spain in the upcoming international matches.

I agree with you entirely - I was just surprised how gushing Pep was in his praise. If Garcia had been a player under bacon-face can you imagine anything similar?
Will be interesting to see whether he gets picked for Spain in the upcoming international matches.

Who knows the reasons behind Pep's emotional claims re Garcia.

Completely unprompted as well by the way, it is not like he was asked about it..

Guardiola praises every young player. Just the way he is.

So you want us to treat our players as objects that we just move around wherever we want without caring about their feeling and thinking?
Man, people really different from objects in our offices, hope you can recognize that.

So you want us to treat our players as objects that we just move around wherever we want without caring about their feeling and thinking?
Man, people really different from objects in our offices, hope you can recognize that.
What are you on about? - Garcia has made it very clear he wants to leave City. He does not give a damn about the opportunities he has been given by City and and the support he has received from Pep.

Given this why do you think that his "feelings" are so important? - most managers would have banished him to the reserves. Do you think we should pander to players who show such a lack of commitment?

Do you think Toure's behaviour was ok when he moaned about not getting a birthday cake? - this was probably before your time as a City fan given you joined the forum less than a year ago.

One of the key strengths of the team this year has been team spirit and togetherness - see Stones and Dias. Any player that is not on board with this should not be anywhere near the first team.

He does not give a damn about the opportunities he has been given by City and and the support he has received from Pep.

How would you know? Chances are that he's very appreciative for the opportunities that he's been given.

most managers would have banished him to the reserves

No they wouldn't.

Do you think we should pander to players who show such a lack of commitment

Where's the lack of commitment? As far as I'm concerned, he's trained and he's given everything when he has got a game. Unless by "commitment" you mean signing a 15 year deal and pretending that playing for Manchester City was always his dream and that he wants to become the next Richard Dunne and retire with us?

One of the key strengths of the team this year has been team spirit and togetherness - see Stones and Dias. Any player that is not on board with this should not be anywhere near the first team.

How the fuck would you know who is and who isn't contributing to a sense of team spirit and togetherness?

Have you ever heard a player say a bad word about Garcia? Have you ever heard the manager say a bad word about Garcia?

Do you really think that our players are so petty and self important that they just turn on a colleague as soon as it becomes apparent that they won't be staying there in the long term?

I really don't get why so many of you have tried to force this narrative around Garcia. It's just not in line with the reality that he's a professional player at a professional football club with a professional manager and professional teammates.

Nobody is sat there seething at the betrayal of a squad player who wants to go back to his hometown club because nobody at the club is that small minded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.