Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you want us to treat our players as objects that we just move around wherever we want without caring about their feeling and thinking?
Man, people really different from objects in our offices, hope you can recognize that.
What about peps feelings (can't believe i posted that) the time,effort and trust pep placed in him, he is a good player, but he wants to leave, fuck him, 100% commitment is needed not day dreaming of los ramblers

How would you know? Chances are that he's very appreciative for the opportunities that he's been given.

No they wouldn't.

Where's the lack of commitment? As far as I'm concerned, he's trained and he's given everything when he has got a game. Unless by "commitment" you mean signing a 15 year deal and pretending that playing for Manchester City was always his dream and that he wants to become the next Richard Dunne and retire with us?

How the fuck would you know who is and who isn't contributing to a sense of team spirit and togetherness?

Have you ever heard a player say a bad word about Garcia? Have you ever heard the manager say a bad word about Garcia?

Do you really think that our players are so petty and self important that they just turn on a colleague as soon as it becomes apparent that they won't be staying there in the long term?

I really don't get why so many of you have tried to force this narrative around Garcia. It's just not in line with the reality that he's a professional player at a professional football club with a professional manager and professional teammates.

Nobody is sat there seething at the betrayal of a squad player who wants to go back to his hometown club because nobody at the club is that small minded.
Maybe Garcia is a model professional but he does not want to be at City, has significant weaknesses to his game and has contributed very little to City's success so far this season.
These are facts. Pep may still be trying to "seduce" him into staying but I would rather he saved his praise for the likes of Zinchenko and Stones who have really pushed on to become valuable assets that are contributing to success on the pitch.
City do not need Garcia and he is welcome to join the Barcelona apocalypse when his contract expires - if they can scrape together enough to pay the development fee that they will owe to us and if he still wants to when they have shown how little they value him by failing to pay the relatively modest transfer fee requested in the Summer.

Maybe Garcia is a model professional but he does not want to be at City, has significant weaknesses to his game and has contributed very little to City's success so far this season.

Yes, I agree.

Pep may still be trying to "seduce" him into staying but I would rather he saved his praise for the likes of Zinchenko and Stones who have really pushed on to become valuable assets that are contributing to success on the pitch.

Are you suggesting those things are mutually exclusive? Why can't he try to convince Garcia to stay while praising the others?

City do not need Garcia and he is welcome to join the Barcelona apocalypse

Once again, I agree.

I don't care that he's going, I don't rate him highly at this point in his career and I don't think it will make a difference to us.

But there is an absolutely monumental pile of bad takes when it comes to who he is as a person, how he acts as a professional, the effect he has on others in the dressing room and how the manager should handle him.

The guy has been nothing other than respectful and committed since he got to the club and he's given it his all whenever he's been called upon. If he wants to go back to his boyhood club then fair fucks to him, it's his career and it's his life. It's not a slight on our club so there's no need for anyone to act like he's a villain.

These are facts...
They are (technically the first bit is a supposition but probably true), it was the other nonsense that you were rightly being pulled up on.

Last edited:
Nonsense? - he may turn up and work hard every day but he does not want to be part of the long term project - not a great example to other young players. This situation has also had an impact on the club's transfer dealings as would we have spent £40m on Ake as a backup CB if we had known Garcia was not going to leave before the start of this season? - that money could have been better used to strengthen elsewhere or saved towards an Aguero replacement.

I have no doubt that Barcelona messed him about after telling him they would buy him last Summer but, given that his agent is Puyol who must know the inner workings of that club, it seems like the intention all along on their part was to try to get a move on the cheap. That backfired and now he is effectively wasting a season playing a few cup games and Champions League dead rubbers.

Make any argument you want but having a player around the first team squad who the manager wants to stay but who is set on leaving is not a good situation. If the player in question was a brilliant talent who could make a big contribution in the time he remains - Tevez is the obvious example - then yes allowances could be made but for Garcia? - I cannot see it.

Any uncertainty in a football club is not good - look at the drop off in performances once it became known Pellegrini was being replaced by Pep.

A lot of my frustration is based upon the treatment other City youngsters have had compared to the favoured treatment Garcia has received. Jason Denayer is doing very well in France but was not given much of a chance at City. Jadon Sancho made some big demands for a teenager but maybe his situation could have been handled better. Both of them would enhance our current squad and maybe could have been in it treated in a similar way to Garcia.

What about peps feelings (can't believe i posted that) the time,effort and trust pep placed in him, he is a good player, but he wants to leave, fuck him, 100% commitment is needed not day dreaming of los ramblers
I think because he does care about Pep and other teammates' feelings, he decided to let them know very well a whole year a long time before so that they have time to prepare to replace him. And when Pep and the team decide that we still need him this season, he still accepts to stay without causing any problem (unlike Yaya who easily caused noise just because of a cake, as an example).

And about the commitment, why do you think he didn't commit to helping the team. Pep himself said many times Garcia is so stable, to help the team. And actually, as I said, Pep and other managers want him to stay, to help the team, and he accepts, again, without causing any problem. Now, you want to "fuck him"?!

I see people interpret the same facts in a very different way, I got it, man!

What are you on about? - Garcia has made it very clear he wants to leave City. He does not give a damn about the opportunities he has been given by City and and the support he has received from Pep.

Given this why do you think that his "feelings" are so important? - most managers would have banished him to the reserves. Do you think we should pander to players who show such a lack of commitment?

Do you think Toure's behaviour was ok when he moaned about not getting a birthday cake? - this was probably before your time as a City fan given you joined the forum less than a year ago.

One of the key strengths of the team this year has been team spirit and togetherness - see Stones and Dias. Any player that is not on board with this should not be anywhere near the first team.

You mixing different concepts man: "want to leave" is different from "disrespect" and "commitment", and of course, totally different from a jerk like Toure.

I already explained in another comment (before I read your comment, and somehow I also bring up Yaya as an example), so I'll try not to repeat it too much here. I hope that you understand that a person has all the right to stay or leave in a company, a group, an organization, a team, and still deserves to be respected. The only difference is how you choose to leave: you want to leave when causing a noise like Yaya or still keep it stable in the dressing room like Garcia; you want to let managers know a few months or a year beforehand so they have time to prepare (like Garcia) or just quickly left without notice, that's the difference. If you already go to work and think from a manager's perspective, you will understand, hopefully.

Nonsense? - he may turn up and work hard every day but he does not want to be part of the long term project - not a great example to other young players. This situation has also had an impact on the club's transfer dealings as would we have spent £40m on Ake as a backup CB if we had known Garcia was not going to leave before the start of this season? - that money could have been better used to strengthen elsewhere or saved towards an Aguero replacement.

I have no doubt that Barcelona messed him about after telling him they would buy him last Summer but, given that his agent is Puyol who must know the inner workings of that club, it seems like the intention all along on their part was to try to get a move on the cheap. That backfired and now he is effectively wasting a season playing a few cup games and Champions League dead rubbers.

Make any argument you want but having a player around the first team squad who the manager wants to stay but who is set on leaving is not a good situation. If the player in question was a brilliant talent who could make a big contribution in the time he remains - Tevez is the obvious example - then yes allowances could be made but for Garcia? - I cannot see it.

Any uncertainty in a football club is not good - look at the drop off in performances once it became known Pellegrini was being replaced by Pep.

A lot of my frustration is based upon the treatment other City youngsters have had compared to the favoured treatment Garcia has received. Jason Denayer is doing very well in France but was not given much of a chance at City. Jadon Sancho made some big demands for a teenager but maybe his situation could have been handled better. Both of them would enhance our current squad and maybe could have been in it treated in a similar way to Garcia.
Yes, nonsense. You were busy telling everyone how bad a smell he was creating in the club with absolutely nothing to back it up along with other pure suppositions.

Is it ideal? Of course not, but show me one single example of someone at the club who it's affected in a negative fashion?

You can't blame Garcia for Barcelona's actions either.

Jadon Sancho turned down a contract that would have made him the highest earning teenager at the club because we refused to stipulate minimum playing time in it. This would have been when he was still just 16 mind, so given that we do that for nobody, explain how we could have done better?

Jason Denayer may well be doing good in France but he left 3 years ago. If that's your only cause for concern then I think you're scraping the barrel a bit.

Do not believe he is good enough for the EPL, so good luck to the lad, he may be better in the Spanish league as the expect and except lower/different standards, but my view is he is a puppet in a political minefield, good luck lad your going to need it, but i do not expect to hear from you again.

I'm empathetic towards any Blues that harbor bitterness or resentment towards players that chose others over us.

Eric Garcia has been a model pro and has always given his possible best whenever called upon. Pep loves him for his attitude, professionalism and possibly his footballing mind. The kid has already gotten his coaching badges, and coached the U11's at 19 years old. I'm appreciative for what he has contributed for the club and squad. For a player that is looking to leave, he hasn't really made a huge fuss when it could've easily gone the other way.

He wants to return to his hometown club then fair play to him. In fact, I feel bad for him because he clearly wants to go back but Barcelona couldn't even fork out even a mere quid. Not to mention the circus that is Barcelona right now. Personally, I wish him well, and hopefully see him as a coach one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.