Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of me thinks: give him a new deal, loan him out to a European side, sell him for a tidy profit.

Spain's starting centre back has a lot of value to us, even if he doesn't get a game.

On the other hand, fuck that.
We’d never be able to shift him.
No chance he continues to play for spain if he doesnt move to barca

He either takes the pay cut to save face and just hopes he can perform and Laporta rewards him later or he tries his hand in the free agency market. A lot of clubs are likely to go after him on a free.

Every big club in the world would go after him.

I know everyone on here hates him, but the reality is he's just turned 20, starts for Spain and will do for the forseeable, he's been picked out as a massive talent since he was 14/15, that's why we poached him from Barca, and he's captained every youth team he's ever been in and picked up endless plaudits from some of the best managers in the world a long the way, most of all Pep.

Juve, Inter, Dortmund, both Madrid clubs, Arsenal & Spurs would probably all want him, and I'm sure he'd get big offers from some clubs a tier down - Napoli, Leipzig, Sevilla, Sociedad etc. who would offer him guaranteed starting and big money with a release clause.

On a free at 20 years old there's no downside. You could sell him for 15-20m even if he's disappointing.

He will be just fine.

Messi could throw a dog a bone and text LaPorta, "sitting here, pondering re-signing, noticing how this club lied to that kid"

I take a simplistic view on player sales mate. Garcia was given a chance to develop into a decent footballer at city using world class training facilities and being coached by a world class manager.

The reason I am ‘bitter’ is very simple. Imo Garcia should have signed the contract extension. If after signing the deal he wanted to move to Barcelona then fine. The club could rightfully receive a decent transfer fee of around 15-20 million depending on reports.

The collusion and duplicitous actions of Barcelona and Garcia have enabled him to walk away for free. Pep actually came out in an interview and said he was signing a new deal.

His behaviour is not professional nor respectful to City. Garcia has also hindered the progress of other potential young CBs at the club THB comes to mind.

Plus he is no fucking good.

He’s not been duplicitous, he’s honestly honoured every last clause of the contract between him and us and now he’s off to pastures new. As is his right upon cessation of his contract with us.

He’s never bad mouthed our club, he’s always been low key and worked hard. People in the club love him, say he’s a great guy. So why all the venom?

And anyhow, if he’s no fucking good why do both City & Barca want to employ him and why are you pissed off at him leaving?

Complete lack of class from Barcelona but maybe an indication of how deep in the crap they actually are. Hard to feel sorry for the lad as he will still be earning more in a week than most fans earn in a year but he has been handed a shit sandwich.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.