Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not a case of piling in at all. He openly came out before a CL quarter final and said he was off then started the next fucking day. That is what wound me up and Pep takes part blame there for trying to persist with the lad who has shown nothing but a few good passes in cup games.

Should have been sold in January, I will die on the hill that we fucked up on that. We lost whatever it was Barca offered for no reason other than thinking we could get more until Barca pulled the plug. He now goes on a free whilst we have been paying his wages for 6mths.

If you mean before the Real game last season (which was at the knockout stage not the QF), then Garcia didn’t say anything publicly at all.

Pep openly shared that he wasn’t signing a new deal the day before we played Madrid during a press conference (which he did not need to do at all, never mind the day before a game in my opinion).

Garcia said fuck all!

Pep then played him against Lyon - where he was absolutely dreadful.

If anything, you should be looking at how Pep (mis)managed that situation - not Garcia.

Completely agree on your point about selling in January. He should have gone last summer, to be honest. Pure stubbornness from the a Club, that one - which ended up costing us a transfer fee in the process!

If you mean before the Real game last season (which was at the knockout stage not the QF), then Garcia didn’t say anything publicly at all.

Pep openly shared that he wasn’t signing a new deal the day before we played Madrid during a press conference (which he did not need to do at all, never mind the day before a game in my opinion).

Garcia said fuck all!

If anything, you should be looking at how Pep (mis)managed that situation - not Garcia.

Completely agree on your point about selling in January. He should have gone last summer, to be honest. Pure stubbornness from the a Club, that one - which ended up costing us a transfer fee in the process!
Worth keeping him IMO if only to cover for injuries if we didn’t think Barca’s offer was good enough. We went into the season at CB with Dias, not knowing how he’d adapt to his new surroundings, Laporte off the back of a long-term injury, Ake, who promptly got injured and Stones, who many wanted out of the club for form reasons. If it had gone belly up many would be asking why we let him go.

Garcia said fuck all!

Garcia was probably the pick of the defence who played against Lyon but is tarnished by the fact he started that game and has not done much of note since. I have a suspicion that he might play against Leeds this weekend.

Agreed, but THB is probably going to be loaned out again, and Ake hasn't played much so far due to the injury... let's see what happens. I wish Garcia stays, can see him playing various roles, including midfield ones. The guy has tremendous awareness and quickness of thinking - qualities that fellow posters don't seem to appreciate

Even if Harwood Bellis goes on loan something we avoid with our best players how many games had Garcia played this year ? And how many had Ake played ? Not many for either right ? And how likely is it that Ake will be as injured as this season ? Anyway it’s irrelevant how good he is or weather we can afford his wages and can carry that many players he won’t sign a new deal and we probably won’t offer him a new one now he has talked of leaving even if Barcelona have changed their terms I don’t get what your trying to argue with yo trying to argue we should keep him against reality of the situation

News out of Germany that Barcelona is interested in Boateng, whose contract with Bayern is ending

Boateng is past his best and not good for Garcia's prospects. Meh

Last edited:
Garcia was probably the pick of the defence who played against Lyon but is tarnished by the fact he started that game and has not done much of note since. I have a suspicion that he might play against Leeds this weekend.
I don’t rate Garcia, but he was our best defender vs Lyon. Laporte and Fernandinho were all over the place.

The only two matches I can really remember Garcia playing in the last year are Lyon and Leicester at home... say no more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.