Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
he wanted to go back to Barca so much in the end they will ask him to pay for the club not the other way around haha.

How does he always manage to get a Spain call up when he doesn't even play for us? Is Spain that weak at the back?

How does he always manage to get a Spain call up when he doesn't even play for us? Is Spain that weak at the back?
It's bizarre isn't it? I am surprised that Laporte has not gone forward with applying for Spanish citizenship so he can play for them. At 26 he needs to do something if he wants an international career. He wold walk into the current Spain team.

It’s a bit harsh piling in on a 20 year old kid who’s acted entirely professionally throughout this situation, and calling him a **** because he made a decision to go back home to City of his childhood and the Club he supports - when they came in and offered him a way better deal than anything that would have been on the table from us. We’d all do the same if we were in his shoes and City came calling!

He’s been away from home and cut off from his family and friends as a teenager during a global pandemic, which is a head-fuck of a situation for a kid to have to deal with. He lives at the campus, so it must have been a lonely experience for him being sat about there in lockdown.

He’s from Barcelona, and grew up supporting the club - and they came in with a ridiculous, big money offer for him to return to his boyhood club and get paid a shit-load for doing it, which must have been a dream for him. I don’t think you can fault the kid for accepting their offer.

He’s never bad-mouthed City, or behaved unprofessionally throughout all of this.

And now Barca are trying to fuck him over - which shows what a detestable club they’ve become these days, and must feel like a real betrayal after all the promises they made!

He’s done here - and I won’t miss him on the pitch. We’ve got way better players in his position, so he won’t get a game - and those opportunities which are there for an academy CB I’d far rather went to Harwood-Bellis or Mbete of one of our own. But Garcia seemed like a decent kid, so I have no desire to kick him when he’s down.

I hope Barca get some basic fucking decency together and honour the deal they promised him, and he gets the move he wants in the summer. It’s hardly like he’s an integral member of the squad, so it’s not worth losing our shit over!

Its not a case of piling in at all. He openly came out before a CL quarter final and said he was off then started the next fucking day. That is what wound me up and Pep takes part blame there for trying to persist with the lad who has shown nothing but a few good passes in cup games.

Should have been sold in January, I will die on the hill that we fucked up on that. We lost whatever it was Barca offered for no reason other than thinking we could get more until Barca pulled the plug. He now goes on a free whilst we have been paying his wages for 6mths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.