Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only two matches I can really remember Garcia playing in the last year are Lyon and Leicester at home... say no more
I think those 2 games are best forgotten.
I saw the highlights of both recently and the thing that struck me was how bad so many players were.
In the Lyon game I recall Garcia making a last ditch tackle only to see a Lyon unmarked attacker following up and sticking it in the back of the net.
The 2nd and 3rd were defensive howlers by more experienced defenders.
Leicester and the 3 penalty match was like a competition to see who could give the ball away most.
I keep having images of the Sterling miss and Ederson performing at his very worst.
Having said this in defence if Garcia, he is not good enough for us based on the current centre backs we have.
Even if Barcelona do renege on their proposal to take Garcia, it is best for him to leave ASAP.
The one thing that puzzles me most is that he has played several times for Spain without playing regular club football.

I think those 2 games are best forgotten.
I saw the highlights of both recently and the thing that struck me was how bad so many players were.
In the Lyon game I recall Garcia making a last ditch tackle only to see a Lyon unmarked attacker following up and sticking it in the back of the net.
The 2nd and 3rd were defensive howlers by more experienced defenders.
Leicester and the 3 penalty match was like a competition to see who could give the ball away most.
I keep having images of the Sterling miss and Ederson performing at his very worst.
Having said this in defence if Garcia, he is not good enough for us based on the current centre backs we have.
Even if Barcelona do renege on their proposal to take Garcia, it is best for him to leave ASAP.
The one thing that puzzles me most is that he has played several times for Spain without playing regular club football.

on your last point... I’m guessing even being linked with Barca or Real Madrid in Spain has a similar impact to being linked or signing for the Rags here... complete no marks suddenly turn up in the England starting eleven, after they are associated with the scum - and Spain is clearly no different.

Seeing as Pep really likes and clearly rates Garcia , unlike many of us, in the event of the player refusing the revised offer from Barca, does anybody think we may offer him a contract ?

I still have a feeling that Laporte may be one of the players that Tolmie hinted at being an unexpected departure, which would then increase the probability of Garcia staying.. All wild speculation obviously..
Can’t have both leaving and no incomings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.