Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Various sources say 182cm or 183cm. You are quibbling about 10mms.

He's definitely not that height. Look at any photo of him standing next to someone listed around the same height - he's clearly shorter.

Would be no taller than 177.

Is that a reliable method?

There is one where he is shorter than pep but pep is wearing boots with a raised heel.

I've seen photos of him standing next to players of similar height, and he's always shorter.

Here's one of him and Bravo that comes up quickly in Google. Bravo is widely listed as 184cm, has his head aimed down and still has a good 5-8cm on him

45812072-1000x600.jpg

Here's Garcia with Aguero, who's listed as 173cm

GettyImages-1194310499-e1578990924521.jpg

Cannavaro and Puyol also had an insane leap.

Feel like I'm one of a few City supporters who still likes the lad but he's not exactly athletic.

He certainly isn't as short as either as those players so he doesn't have to compensate for aerial ability as much as them.

Plus both of those players were more likely to play against big strikers and long balls. That style of play isn't as common nowadays.

I'm not making the point that I know he is going to be a world class centre back. I don't have a crystal ball so pretending otherwise is pointless . But plenty of unlikely things happened in the last decade.

Gareth Bale went from a defensively deficient left back to the one-time most expensive player in the world and four times champions league winner. Coentrao went from an average winger to top class LB.

The last time Barcelona won the champions league, they did so with a Mascherano playing CB.

Nobody knows whether he will establish himself as top player.

I've seen photos of him standing next to players of similar height, and he's always shorter.

Here's one of him and Bravo that comes up quickly in Google. Bravo is widely listed as 184cm, has his head aimed down and still has a good 5-8cm on him

45812072-1000x600.jpg

Here's Garcia with Aguero, who's listed as 173cm

GettyImages-1194310499-e1578990924521.jpg

Kind of proves my point about it not being a reliable method if you are going to use photos like the one with Aguero.

Kind of proves my point about it not being a reliable method if you are going to use photos like the one with Aguero.

The photo is used to illustrate that even if he's taller than a short guy like Aguero, it's not by much. Certainly not 10cm

this thread - 500+ pages ! wow

Will be interesting to see how he develops at Barca..right before he refused to extend, we were all excited by him

How a young developing player would CHOOSE to leave a Pep-trained club is beyond me. He is literally the best there is at developing high-end talent and will not waste his or your time if he doesn't think he can train you up to that level.

How a young developing player would CHOOSE to leave a Pep-trained club is beyond me. He is literally the best there is at developing high-end talent and will not waste his or your time if he doesn't think he can train you up to that level.

It’s beyond you (and beyond me) because we’re clueless guessers looking in from the outside.
I imagine that Garcia, being a notably intelligent, young international footballer and having been in both the Barca and the City youth development systems, will have a better notion of what he personally feels suits him at this stage of his career and at this time in his life.
He’s a fantastic prospect, both City and Barca want him, so he’s not lacking choices - as it is he’s been living in a foreign country for the last few years, he’s worked hard, fulfilled all of his contractual obligations, and now that he’s completed his contract, he wants to go home, live alongside his family and play for Barca and Spain.

He’s enjoyed being with us, he’s made many friends at the club and he’s very highly regarded by all of his colleagues and the club staff, everyone thinks he’s a great guy. He’s not daft, he knows exactly what he’s doing and he’ll have his reasons.
But that’s for now, he’s still very young and he might be back here one day. It wouldn’t surprise me.

It’s beyond you (and beyond me) because we’re clueless guessers looking in from the outside.
I imagine that Garcia, being a notably intelligent, young international footballer and having been in both the Barca and the City youth development systems, will have a better notion of what he personally feels suits him at this stage of his career and at this time in his life.
He’s a fantastic prospect, both City and Barca want him, so he’s not lacking choices - as it is he’s been living in a foreign country for the last few years, he’s worked hard, fulfilled all of his contractual obligations, and now that he’s completed his contract, he wants to go home, live alongside his family and play for Barca and Spain.

He’s enjoyed being with us, he’s made many friends at the club and he’s very highly regarded by all of his colleagues and the club staff, everyone thinks he’s a great guy. He’s not daft, he knows exactly what he’s doing and he’ll have his reasons.
But that’s for now, he’s still very young and he might be back here one day. It wouldn’t surprise me.
That's a very reasoned post. It must have been a hard year living away from family when you are that age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.