Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at the post I put up earlier with the league minutes played, then you can see that Fernandinho easily accrued the most. I would now expect Koulibaly to take most of those, Laporte to take some of those played by Stones/Otamendi, and Ake to take the rest. That then leaves Fernandinho to take some and A.N.Other. Garcia is way ahead of minutes played in comparison with Foden last year.

Since football returned, Garcia has been hot-housed by the club. You could argue that there has been a bit of carrot and stick in that approach. Carrot for the player, as it showed that we were serious in keeping him and wanting him to sign a new contract; stick for Barcelona, as it showed them that we will be serious in demanding substantial money for him if they want him this summer. However, those running the club are pragmatic and know that if he doesn't sign now, we'd be better to take the peanuts, though, hopefully, they'll be artisianal with exotic flavour profiles.

I like him as a player and think his ceiling might be higher than the other three young players I mentioned, but if his heart isn't with us, then goodbye and bring on the next.

Not worked it out but looking at those numbers and the season not over yet and next season are we not keeping the extra subs We could buy another CB and still keep Garcia and Stones if we got rid of Ottamendi and moved Fernandinho back into midfield would then have to loan or sell Sandler THB and Tosin Just cannot see us getting a decent offer for Stones plus I think he will come good. and Fernandinho is nearly gone anyway.

Only question on the minutes is how many has Fernandinho played in midfield and how many in CB

Not worked it out but looking at those numbers and the season not over yet and next season are we not keeping the extra subs We could buy another CB and still keep Garcia and Stones if we got rid of Ottamendi and moved Fernandinho back into midfield would then have to loan or sell Sandler THB and Tosin Just cannot see us getting a decent offer for Stones plus I think he will come good. and Fernandinho is nearly gone anyway.

Only question on the minutes is how many has Fernandinho played in midfield and how many in CB

He only played 208 league minutes in the midfield, the rest were at the back.

I fully expect both Stones and Otamendi to leave; we need to look forward and neither player looks likely to reach the heights they have.

With Koulibaly, Laporte, and Ake as our main central defenders, there would be the opportunity for Garcia to challenge for that fourth spot, but whether he relishes that challenge is moot. Sometimes the pull of the apron strings is too strong.

Fernandinho can still play in defence, too, but his legs are arguably not up to playing in midfield again.

If we are buying two new centre backs it’s not really a surprise he wants to leave. Why would he want to be fourth choice

If we are buying two new centre backs it’s not really a surprise he wants to leave. Why would he want to be fourth choice
He wouldn’t, he’d be second choice right centre back, for a 19 year old to be doing that at a side challenging for premier and champions leagues thats good going. If he wants to go home to Barcelona fair enough but he ain’t going there to be fist choice with them either.

If Eric is as smart and intelligent as he comes across and everyone says about him, he'll know the best place for him right now is still Manchester City.

No doubt in my mind he'll be back at Barca one day, but why anyone would go there right now as a footballing decision is beyond me. I hope his head outweighs his heart and we get a few more years yet. He might be Barca's kid, but he's our man.

Well I think he would have had high hopes to get front of Otamendi, Stones and a nearly retired Fernandinho. Of course getting Ake and Koulibaly or another 60-80m defender will cut his game time down big time.

If Barca's interest is real they are really luck with the way we restructure our CB position exactly this summer.

Barca can tell him that look, they are paying big for Ake, Koulibaly to make sure they dont have to start you or Fernandinho a lot. And its hardly a majorly wrong take on it.
While Barca has Pique going out very soon. Also the fee written about it, 15m or even less, wow thats an immense fee imagine if he flops at Barca, they still abe to move him along for a tenner to Sociedad, Valencia, Villarreal and basically brings his price back, IF he flops...
If he works out to be important squad player or even a starter than its an incredible transfer for them.

And knowing Pep he would still give Fernandinho a few games at CB next season too even in the expense of Garcia.

for some reason this looks much better for Garcia imo then what Brahim did, who was outsider here but was absolute outsider at Real Madrid too and a loan for a smaller club playing a lot of games would have suited him more than the Real squad.

We are going to be playing a minimum of two games a week all next season. That means a minimum of four centre backs will be required. Allowing for suspensions and injuries, five will be necessary so Garcia being number four is fine. Fernandinho will be number five and THB six, which to me is perfect. Stones and Otamendi will leave (hopefully for respectable fees)

He only played 208 league minutes in the midfield, the rest were at the back.

I fully expect both Stones and Otamendi to leave; we need to look forward and neither player looks likely to reach the heights they have.

With Koulibaly, Laporte, and Ake as our main central defenders, there would be the opportunity for Garcia to challenge for that fourth spot, but whether he relishes that challenge is moot. Sometimes the pull of the apron strings is too strong.

Fernandinho can still play in defence, too, but his legs are arguably not up to playing in midfield again.

Not looking good for Gundogan or Rodri then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.