Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been patently clear I am not talking about the fee number, I am talking about the threat of punishment used as leverage

I really dont get what tree you are meowing at. Leverage for what? What do you think will happen, and what punishment. Being paid to be part of this club isn't punishment, it is his job that he signed up to do.

Barcelona either pay, or wait. In the meantime, he's our player, starter, or on the bench, with the youth team, in the CL, or in a community shield match, nobody's business but the club's.

You'd think a reasonable City fan would comprehend I have pointed out that Pep is unlikely to punish Eric by sitting him for a year. There would be consequences I doubt he would want to entertain

Ooh what consequences?

@Gabriel No question but that way also sidesteps the very real club bond both know full well too - something only players like Eric & Pep can appreciate. Pep knows the pull of going into the Barca first team, he would've preferred it came later I am sure for Garcia but at the end of the day he understands. It's why I contend, the Pep I have come to know, would not cross that line in terms of punishment. It'd be out of character on top of the rest
He won’t punish him or anyone for that matter. He’s reiterated that countless times before in relation to all players who do not want to be with him: leave. Garcia is no different. That’s professional courtesy. At the same time, you seem to downplay the discourtesy your club has shown him. From an outsider, it appears unnecessarily disrespectful to him, and I can perhaps understand why he will continue his international odyssey after his time with us.

@Gabriel No question but that way also sidesteps the very real club bond both know full well too - something only players like Eric & Pep can appreciate. Pep knows the pull of going into the Barca first team, he would've preferred it came later I am sure for Garcia but at the end of the day he understands. It's why I contend, the Pep I have come to know, would not cross that line in terms of punishment. It'd be out of character on top of the rest
It’d be out of character for Barcelona to buy a player without openly tapping them up via the media. UTTER FUCKING CUNTS

Not playing a player for non sporting reasons is a undeserved punishment and not only as a former player & product of La Masia himself it is viewed as cynical & negative. That sort of line is bad enough for someone of Pep's character to cross in the first place but against his own club too? You think Figo was treated badly?

It could be that bad. As I say, I struggle to see it getting there but that would be my only stress about the eventual return of the player. He's coming and it's only a matter of when & for how much. Tarnishing your favorite son legacy is priceless too

Maybe but you cant just roll over every time one of your players gets tap'd up. There is a balance to all of this. Dortmund put there foot down today with Sancho. That is one way of playing it, might piss of the player and cause trouble in the camp, might save them a good player, might bump his fee by £20m. Its all part of the game and you have to play it as you see it. City play transfers very well right now. I think we he will go but Barca will be squeezed just enough.

Puke

Right so lets clear this up once and for all. I mocked you for the laughable assertion that Pep could tarnish his legendary legacy by benching Garcia next season.

Loving the idea being espoused by one particularly arrogant sod on here that Pep not allowing Barca to sign Garcia will hurt his reputation with the Barca fans...

Yes he won them everything, ushered in a golden age for the club, and developed the greatest player they have ever seen. BUT if he doesn't unprofessionally allow a 19 year old "cuntera" kid go back for free, his reputation will be damaged beyond measure. Oh how fickle these supposedly die-hard fans are...

You then stated, that this was not what you had said at all.

No, I’ve been clear and consistent with what that line in the sand is

You then go on to continue espousing the same nonsense.

Not playing a player for non sporting reasons is a undeserved punishment and not only as a former player & product of La Masia himself it is viewed as cynical & negative. That sort of line is bad enough for someone of Pep's character to cross in the first place but against his own club too? You think Figo was treated badly?

It could be that bad. As I say, I struggle to see it getting there but that would be my only stress about the eventual return of the player. He's coming and it's only a matter of when & for how much. Tarnishing your favorite son legacy is priceless too

Not only is this utterly ludicrous, as has been pointed out several times, but lets take a step back and pretend it could happen. You're saying that all we, Man City, have to do to assassinate Pep's character with Barca is not sell Eric Garcia?

Well then my friend, I think we would bite your hand off for that deal.

Ruining his reputation makes it very difficult for him to return, to probably the only club in the entire world who would have any chance of luring him away from us. So in one fell swoop we remove probably our only legitimate competition for the signature of the greatest manager in world football, and keep a player we quite clearly do not intend to lose for less than our asking price. Its a win-win.

You can have Garcia he isn’t really that good anyway , one paced and small for a CB in my opinion we have only played him recently to try and get him to sign an extension , which was a nice try that didn’t work
But remember to make sure you pay for him 15 / 20 million that should do it to bring him home
But also remember we’ve got your manager and all the decent executives you produced but you’re not having them back
They are much happier here without all the in fighting and politics
You are a club that needs the ageing squad restructuring good luck if you’re building around our Eric my friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.