Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of viability, I assume with Frankfurt out of the UCL, Silva easily is, and Felix would depend on what Atletico wants. Are they ready to give up on him? If they are, he would still cost quite a bit, but a deal could be worked out.
I just don’t think Felix is a goal machine like we are looking for. I think there’s a bit of fetish in thinking that if Pep just got his hands on him, he would turn into pure gold. I don’t think it’s that simple
I also think it’s easy to overestimate Silva by just looking at the number of goals he scored THIS season. I’m no fan especially because he is someone I’ve known for a bit, so I’ve seen his lows, even if admittedly he has finally developed into a more reliable striker. Like Kane, he can go missing in some games, and notably big moments, and that has happened even in this season, his best yet. But they have similar qualities and similar physical presence. I wouldn’t criticize the club for picking Silva over Kane if that were the choice, or be shocked at all.
Thanks for a very interesting reply. I appreciate it.

Whilst signing Harland would be a dream and getting Harry Kane would be great I don’t realistically see us signing either. We have tended to buy young potential at a cheaper price and develop them into a superstar. I can see this happening again.

This was our strategy 4 years ago when we bought Jesus yet here we are again still after a superstar striker. I think the club will move differently this time, we don’t have much choice.

Whilst signing Harland would be a dream and getting Harry Kane would be great I don’t realistically see us signing either. We have tended to buy young potential at a cheaper price and develop them into a superstar. I can see this happening again.
We don't want potential we want someone who can come in and hit the ground running

We don't want potential we want someone who can come in and hit the ground running
I agree but ever since Pep has been manager we have never gone for marquee signings. This season we have basically bought ourselves a bit of time by playing the false nine system and it working so well.we might sign an up and coming striker and by playing the system we can develop him. Like Leroy Sane.
It wouldn’t be my preferred way but I wouldn’t rule it out.

This was our strategy 4 years ago when we bought Jesus yet here we are again still after a superstar striker. I think the club will move differently this time, we don’t have much choice.
I think a lot of blues, including me, thought that Gabby would of developed better. He decent but he is only decent. You are probaBly right we might go for it this time but or history of signing since Pep arrived suggests otherwise.

I think a lot of blues, including me, thought that Gabby would of developed better. He decent but he is only decent. You are probaBly right we might go for it this time but or history of signing since Pep arrived suggests otherwise.

Yeah I like Jesus too and he is a good player but unfortunately just hasn’t developed much since we got him, especially when it comes to scoring goals.

I know we do usually go for the younger players but I think our pursuit of Koulibaly last year showed we are willing to break that profile for the right player. Mahrez the same.

It is totally different, because Lewandowski has made no mention of leaving, and Rummenigge said he wouldn't be available anyway.

Kane has been pretty vocal about wanting to leave Spurs, as far as I am aware Levy has not said he isn't going to let him go, he is just touting starting to raise the price.

This is why I believe Kane to be available, and Lewandowski not.
Players don’t usually go around themselves saying they want to leave. If you expect that before assuming they are available, most will never be
Levy has leaked to some journalists close to him that he has no intention of selling Kane and it would take a very high number to even start a conversation

Yeah I like Jesus too and he is a good player but unfortunately just hasn’t developed much since we got him, especially when it comes to scoring goals.

I know we do usually go for the younger players but I think our pursuit of Koulibaly last year showed we are willing to break that profile for the right player. Mahrez the same.
City denied that they were in for Koulibaly and Mahrez didn’t break the bank, as in he wasn’t 100 million. I think we have tried to make Jesus into a centre forward when really he is a left sided goal scoring winger. In the second half at Newcastle he played wide right with Torres in the middle and they both looked more comfortable in them roles.

City denied that they were in for Koulibaly and Mahrez didn’t break the bank, as in he wasn’t 100 million. I think we have tried to make Jesus into a centre forward when really he is a left sided goal scoring winger. In the second half at Newcastle he played wide right with Torres in the middle and they both looked more comfortable in them roles.

They didnt deny they were in for koulibaly. They simply claimed not at that price. Rightly enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.