Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s what I’m pinning my hopes on.
We’ve not heard anything about this recently, the way City usually do business.
Then there’s the Kane “circus” as you put it, not the way we usually do business.
I’m sure we’ve enquired about Kane, we be stupid not to, you look at different options and choose the best one for you.
Just like Haaland is doing with the trips around Europe.
If we’re gonna spend £100m+, probably more likely £130m+ for Kane, then for me we should be going for Haaland instead in my opinion.
A powerhouse of a player that could play for us for 10+ years.
I love him,from ability to attitude and everything in between.....he is a game changer in every respect.

It 100% boils down to availability i think,hence the Kane 'interest'

Whilst signing Harland would be a dream and getting Harry Kane would be great I don’t realistically see us signing either. We have tended to buy young potential at a cheaper price and develop them into a superstar. I can see this happening again.

We wouldn’t have even gotten this far down the road, if we felt this was going to be an issue. I think Kane is actually the harder deal to do, simply because I think Levy would prefer to sell him abroad, and I think he will charge crazy numbers as well, Kane is the England captain he will easily be on 300K a week, if not more.
Levy is known to keep his wages low, whether it is totally accurate, Kane is listed as being on around $200K a week.

Whilst signing Harland would be a dream and getting Harry Kane would be great I don’t realistically see us signing either. We have tended to buy young potential at a cheaper price and develop them into a superstar. I can see this happening again.

Any potential in mind?

I agree, however I think if we were planning to do this Aguero would not have been let go so early. I just don't think we will look for potential, with only Jesus as a front line striker. I think Kun actually mentioned that we were bringing someone in, hopefully it will be either Haaland or Kane.

I love him,from ability to attitude and everything in between.....he is a game changer in every respect.

It 100% boils down to availability i think,hence the Kane 'interest'
I’m sure he’ll be available for the right price.
I’m kinda hoping Levy prices us out of the Kane deal and forces our hand over Haaland.
Can’t get excited over Kane the way I do over Haaland.
Plus “if” we sign Kane and another premier league team then buys Haaland, well it wouldn’t be good to say the least, as well as devastating.

I’m sure he’ll be available for the right price.
I’m kinda hoping Levy prices us out of the Kane deal and forces our hand over Haaland.
Can’t get excited over Kane the way I do over Haaland.
Plus “if” we sign Kane and another premier league team then buys Haaland, well it wouldn’t be good to say the least, as well as devastating.
Levy needs a transfer budget to attract the new manager,he'll want to sell Kane for megabucks obviously,but there will also need to be balance as how else will he have cash available for the much needed rebuild?

Haaland at any other team would be devastating,but yeah,hugely so if its another of the '3'.

What do you gonna do when you have just let go off one of the best players in the history of the club and your greatest goal scorer.
And FYI Aguero wanted to stay.
You find a replacement. The best one at that. What happens when the best option refuses(Haaland) or the money involved is crazy and out of your reach.
You go for your second best option (Kane) or your third or fourth.
What you won't do is make do with your current team or wait another year. That would be such a shame and for what it's worth imho City ain't waiting.

And I guess the Kane vs Haaland debate is moot if Haaland is not an option. That's what it looks like now.
We should be in for Mbappe, its logical and the future and blah blah.
But again Mbappe doesn't want us. What you gonna do!

I thought of Paton Daka (I think that’s how you spell it). Other than that I have no idea but what I do know is that our worldwide scouting system is fantastic and have done really well in the not so recent past.

I'm not convinced Daka would qualify for a work permit. Would be amazing if we unearthed a gem somewhere, but everything points to a big name ready-made signing. We will see by the end of the summer I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.