Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm talking about caring about being right or wrong in the eyes of people like you. I'm arsed mate, but crack on. I'm not here for a dick measuring contest as I said to the other guy.
The info you post on here is both informative and entertaining. If it was not for posters like yourself and TH et al the transfer forum would be a boring place.

The pitchforks are constantly sharpened waiting for the merest slip ;)

Fuck Werner

Havertz was the one most of us wanted

Yep. And how that came back to haunt us.

Sometimes you should sign a player, even if he isn't quite what you want, just to make sure a rival doesn't get them. Weaken the opposition and you don't necessarily need to strengthen. At no point this season did I regret us not signing Havertz...until...

He was told he would no longer be the number 1 striker and his starting opportunities would be limited.

That's what's been reported.

I simply don't believe the club would tell Aguero that and let him look for a new club unless they had another striker who would start ahead of him boxed off, deals agreed in principle with all parties.
Why not? If the club assessed Aguero could only play a bit part, agreeing his release before nailing down a replacement seems OK to me.

How much is an agreement in principle worth anyway, months before the event? Particularly with loose cannons like Haaland’s agent and the Spurs chairman.

A firm shortlist, yes - but that’s a different thing.

Why are we talking about kane vs haaland in terms of "downgrade"? Kane is a better player than haaland right now, I hope that's clear to everyone.
Really hard to compare since Haaland hasn't played in the PL yet. We dont know if he would score 15 or 30 goals next season if we or Chelsea signed him. The only competition we can compare them in is the Champions League, where Kane has 19 goals in 2088 minutes played (109.9 mins/goal) and Haaland has 20 goals in 1259 minutes played (62,9 mins/goal). Haalands numbers might be unsustainable, and its not only about goals, but its harsh to say Kane without doubt is the better player.

Of course there is a risk that Haaland could be somewhat of a flop, taking time to settle in, or maybe never really get his mojo going. But its not a guarantee Kane will be a success here either, Fernando Torres and Alexis Sanchez are examples that show it does not always work out just because the player knows the league.

I would say they are at a similar level in terms of current ability, but with Haaland having the potential to be the best striker in the world for the next 10-15 years. When you add in factors like Haaland been a fan of the club since his father played here and Kane for me will always be synonymous with Spurs the choice is simple if both are available. For me, Aguero is a better striker than Kane. Unfortunately Sergio couldn't be trusted because of his injuries but I think Kane is a downgrade in terms of ability. Kane is also likely to not improve much, while Haaland has the potential to actually be better than Kun. All things considered, if Chelsea get Haaland and we get Kane, it would feel like we got the second best option.

With that said, there have been countless of occasions where what seems to be the second best option in advance, turns out to be the best one. As long as we get one of Haaland, Kane, Mbappe or Messi I'm going to be happy, anything less would mean letting Aguero go was a mistake in my opinion.

Nothing at all to back that up other than my own speculative gut feeling on it.

Same as every poster then. ITK....

_YaxWd.gif

Pep has just signed a new 2 year contract and has never walked out on a contract as far as I know. So for the next two years minimum he's the most important person at the club.

I think it's worth remembering that Khaldoon and Txiki are very close to Pep. They're not going to force players upon him if he has others in mind, and vice versa they're not going to tell him he can't have a player who he thinks could be important for the next two years without doing everything to get the player.

I will give you that Pep is more important than any of our players, current or potential.

Why not? If the club assessed Aguero could only play a bit part, agreeing his release before nailing down a replacement seems OK to me.

How much is an agreement in principle worth anyway, months before the event? Particularly with loose cannons like Haaland’s agent and the Spurs chairman.

A firm shortlist, yes - but that’s a different thing.
I do agree..I suspect Sergio wanted out and made his intentions clear and Pep stood his ground..rightly or wrongly.. what I can not comprehend is we kept playing Garcia when it was clear he wanted out too.

My opinion on Haaland is while the club would love the player, they do not want the circus that comes with his agent and the inevitable drama when he is 2-3 years into his contract. Cant help but feel the same to be honest, while Haaland is young it really wouldnt surprise me if he only played at his next club for 2-3 years and moved again where as Kane would be far less of a gamble in that respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.