Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't sell him. Send him there and they could work their magic on him as they've done with other amazing youth prospects. It's a win win for us. 150m euros and Liam on a season long loan. He comes back a better player
The reason they 'work their magic' on youth players is because they actually play them. I wish we'd do the same and play Delap.

Massive anti-CIty conspiracy confirmed. Pretty sure they talked to league officials too - making sure that if we sign a striker we'll run afoul of FFP.

FFS.
I dont believe in clandestine meetings and that shite, but one cartel club saying to another we shall favour your bid... Yes. SAF yesterday telling Ronaldo dont go to City. Shit like that goes on. Ultimately though money talks.

I’m a bit bemused by the whole situation & whilst there are always going to be financial constraints surely City should have been aware of this.

I think we can all agree City are now playing football on the field to the highest degree & any improvements to the squad mean the pool which we dip into will be extremely small.

We let Aguero go & need to fill a position which is probably the most important position in a team. If we’ve already established the pool to replace him is small then it should be expected we won’t we able to buy a striker on the cheap so ultimately we’re going to have to pay the big bucks to whatever striker comes in. For the striker position at least the saying you get what you pay for normally applies

Otherwise, you invest heavily in scouting & pick up the next Haaland or Mbappe & wait for the position to develop which currently isn’t our business model.

It seems City are caught in two minds here or almost dithering on a decision. Letting Aguero go & not planning to have enough funds to replace him is poor planning if this is indeed the case & even amateur to think we could get someone of high quality on the cheap.

Even if Pep goes in 2 years time we’re going to have buy a top grade striker right & it’s unlikely whoever we get will stick with not playing with a recognised striker & be as successful.

Also I agree with others if we are going to stick with this policy of not getting involved in bidding wars then we should strike for Haaland now by investing more upfront now as a year on with full stadiums allow other teams to generate more revenue & most likely drive up the price of Haaland well beyond what it will cost to acquire his services today.
There is a huge difference between letting Sergio go and him being unable to play at the desired level anymore, he is simply too injured and has been for 18 months

It would have been daft to renew him on a 2 year deal, let him leave as a legend rather than a shadow of the player we know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.