Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Financially they would afford both Mbappe and Haaland, especially if Mbappe comes for free and Haaland has a rather acceptable relsease clause. They'll sort out the wages by selling some players.
Benzema plays with Mbappe for France, he has played with Ronaldo and Bale before. Benzema is 33 yo and im sure Perez doesnt want to miss out on the most promissing young strikers out there just to give Benzema a few more seasons, this summer they let Sergio Ramos and Varane go without a problem.
All I am saying is that Real is def. interested in both Mbappe and Haaland and will go for them when theyre available. That doesnt mean that they will get them but to think they wont try is naive.

Madrid will try land Haaland. I'm convinced. In fact, they already have, when they met with his agent. They will also go for and land Mbappe. To land both for 75m combined, if they can, why on earth wouldnt they! Because they have a 33 year old Benzema? They had no issue with shipping out club legends like Raul and lessser extent Higuain when it suited them, to think they'd risk landing one of the biggest young stars for a couple seasons of Benzema. This is a club that had no issue adding ronaldo and kaka at the same time. Adding hazard to an already packed creative midfield. Adding benzema himself when he was a promising young star with raul already there. Adding Beckham when they had no need for him, Owen too. Figo and Zidanne. If Haanad can be persuaded, they will go for him, mbappe and benzema and all.

They will also afford him, the way they always do, because they can. Partly because he has a release clause and mbappe is free, and partly because they give zero fucks. Like when they were happy to spend 120m on hazard in his last year of contract, offer 170m for mbappe in his last one.

The two above, should not even be up for debate. They are just how things are.

Now whether Haaland himself would want to play in a team with Mbappe and Benzema already up front, ok, more of a take for discussion there. Who knows. I can see why if he didn't, that would make sense. I can see why he would though, for the same reason all others mentioned a ove also went wventhough there were other top players there to compete with or share spotlight with. Because the lure of playing for Real Madrid, challenging for titles, and the money they pay outweighs that bit of an ego need.

Madrid fans arent running the club, Florentino Perez is. He is a business man. His strategy is to attract the greatest players on the market to make the Real Madrid brand attractive and the best brand in the world.

Need I remind you that Perez bought Benzema and Cristiano in the same transfer window (2009-2010) even though Raul was still there but 32 yo (younger than Benzema right now) . Raul an absolute Real Madrid legend. They also had Higuain at the time.

I typed my post up before reading yours, promise.

In fact, they already have, when they met with his agent.
On that trip they also met with Laporta in Barcelona? Hehe

Because they have a 33 year old Benzema? They had no issue with shipping out club legends like Raul and lessser extent Higuain when it suited them
Benzema is right now their best player. He isn’t a decadent legend or a player not delivering what’s expected. He will also be an important player in the next World Cup. I do not believe they want him gone before or after then. He could easily be the topscorer of that tournament.
Being 33 means nothing now. Look at Ronaldo. You watch Benzema playing and there is no physical decline. He is and will continue to be a protagonist of their team if he stays. Same way you can’t write off Lewandowkski.

When I hear stuff like “many years ago they signed X, Y and Z and they player together” etc, it’s like a parallel world to me. Because when Madrid was doing this, Barcelona was doing similar things. That world has changed. Their league has changed. And a big factor is how the Premier League has gotten much bigger and all English clubs. It’s an entirely different scenario with different factors. And people still talk like the old days. Like talking about DVD sales before streaming services.
Because the lure of playing for Real Madrid, challenging for titles, and the money they pay outweighs that bit of an ego need.
Case in point. But what’s so funny is reading the Madrid media on this. There is a story on As yesterday about how we offered Dortmund 200 million for Haaland last summer and they turned it down. Does anyone believe this? And a lot of people’s perceptions of where Madrid are come from this media. Their version is “PSG and City” have the money but supposedly “we have a player that actually wants us”. They do this every time with every major player. Every time.

Dunno if there's any truth in this from yesterday evening,punctuation is a bit shit too.
Turned down 15m net,to stay at Dortmund.........Apparently.

Madrid will try land Haaland. I'm convinced. In fact, they already have, when they met with his agent. They will also go for and land Mbappe. To land both for 75m combined, if they can, why on earth wouldnt they! Because they have a 33 year old Benzema? They had no issue with shipping out club legends like Raul and lessser extent Higuain when it suited them, to think they'd risk landing one of the biggest young stars for a couple seasons of Benzema. This is a club that had no issue adding ronaldo and kaka at the same time. Adding hazard to an already packed creative midfield. Adding benzema himself when he was a promising young star with raul already there. Adding Beckham when they had no need for him, Owen too. Figo and Zidanne. If Haanad can be persuaded, they will go for him, mbappe and benzema and all.

They will also afford him, the way they always do, because they can. Partly because he has a release clause and mbappe is free, and partly because they give zero fucks. Like when they were happy to spend 120m on hazard in his last year of contract, offer 170m for mbappe in his last one.

The two above, should not even be up for debate. They are just how things are.

Now whether Haaland himself would want to play in a team with Mbappe and Benzema already up front, ok, more of a take for discussion there. Who knows. I can see why if he didn't, that would make sense. I can see why he would though, for the same reason all others mentioned a ove also went wventhough there were other top players there to compete with or share spotlight with. Because the lure of playing for Real Madrid, challenging for titles, and the money they pay outweighs that bit of an ego need.
All easy to do when FFP is looking at another club 100% of the time and ignoring anything you do.

Report in the Sun (I know) that Puma are trying to poach him from Nike. Should we read anything into that?

Would it not in theory be better for us if that didn't happen?

There was a lot of talk, when we were linked with messi, that sponsors including puma would line up additional bonuses for us to see him linked with their brand.

If similar logic applies to Haaland, surely if he is with puma already makes little difference to them if he plays for us. If he is with nike, then theyd rather see him in their branded shirt at club level.

Madrid are 100% a likely destination. Can afford him, can attract him, can use him (who wouldn't). So are PSG. And others.

Any more or less than ourselves? Probably not.

There really is no one clear favourite for me as to where he is likely to end up, and I don't get some of the argumements it's a dead certain this that, or not.

If we go for him, we have a chance, there are benefits that others may not have, they too have their own to offer. Trying to guess whay he would go for is fun, arguing he likely wouldn't though is not (for me).

Ultimately, if we ho for him, we have a strong chance. So do the rest. His decision will settle it.
Can somebody who has a better understanding of the financial state of both Madrid and Barca when neither club have a pot to piss in?. Madrid are rebuilding their stadium and Barcelona have just announced an expansion of theirs. Where the hell is all this money coming from when they were supposedly skint it just doesn’t add up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.