Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
A real pic of him at a real airport. Not doing much for me.

Pep saying no striker in January to me is just to stop getting the questions. Likely won't be easy or even possible to get this over the line and no one wants questions all month long. But my money is we're in negotiations right now and we've been in contact for quite some time.

I do think he ends up at City in January. Barca/ Madrid, La Liga only is a load of it... He's been on record many times saying how much he likes the EPL. His house is also in Marbella, Spain. On the coast. Don't think he's planning on commuting from there to Madrid every day.

Hard to imagine Torres sold, Mahrez off to African cup and us not bringing in another body. We're too ambitious.

The Haaland looked-to-be goodbyes. He's a massive City fan. To me, this is as much of a nailed-on thing as Mbappe is to Madrid. Only thing that could mess it up is Raiola.
It just feels like he is coming and that all parties are doing everything to hide the fact. The question is does anything happen in January? Transfer? Precontract deal?

Something that I think is a bit sobering is to think of City as a proposition for Haaland without Pep. We are still competitive but the dominance of recent years is down in large part to his leadership.

Being close to the club we know how well run it is but from the perspective of an outsider I think it'll be harder to tell. Every club pitching to the Haaland camp will be talking up their grand plans and how well run they are.

I don't think this is a decisive factor but it's something to bear in mind for posters saying that if he wants to win trophies it just has to be City. They'll be looking at their chances over a 4-5 year window. Signing for City it looks unlikely that Pep is there for that whole time. Personally I reckon he'll stay longer than his current contract but right now there's only another 18 months in writing.

Something that I think is a bit sobering is to think of City as a proposition for Haaland without Pep. We are still competitive but the dominance of recent years is down in large part to his leadership.

Being close to the club we know how well run it is but from the perspective of an outsider I think it'll be harder to tell. Every club pitching to the Haaland camp will be talking up their grand plans and how well run they are.

I don't think this is a decisive factor but it's something to bear in mind for posters saying that if he wants to win trophies it just has to be City. They'll be looking at their chances over a 4-5 year window. Signing for City it looks unlikely that Pep is there for that whole time. Personally I reckon he'll stay longer than his current contract but right now there's only another 18 months in writing.
I definitely agree but this is “easily” handled by him speaking to Pep or a new extension. I say this because talks of fucking Rogers being a potential replacement, on the other hand, don’t help

It is a good point however I would like to think that City can show Haaland that even if Pep left hes not going to get replaced by someone like Tim Sherwood. We would be bringing in another world class coach. If we signed Haaland I would be floored if Pep still walked at the end of his contract.

Across Europe there is no one with the stability that we have.

He's a brilliant player obviously but there would be a whole circus around him and we'd have to pay him more than everyone else which would cause resentment and disrupt things. I'm coming around to the idea of Vlahovic even though I've only seen snippets of him on youtube!

Don't forget that ANY super star in the world HAS to be connected to united. It's an unwritten law in the media that united are still big, relevent and can attract anyone and everyone.

In reality they're fucking shit and if he really is entertaining an offer from them I can guarantee it'd be for an amount of money that is incomprehensible to us
I once heard a debate on the radio about constitutes a big club, you know one of those debates with no answer. Everyone is thinking what makes their club a big club when giving their answer or what makes the rags and dippers big clubs. Money? Can’t be because city have money? Trophies? Can’t be because city have trophies? Records? Can’t be because city have records? Fans? Can’t be fans because City have higher attendances than Liverpool. Then one rag pipes up “profile”, you know that unquantifiable word they can paint themselves in.

Well profile needs relevance and the perception of relevance and only the media can maintain the oxygen needed to sustain that illusion. When you are playing rubbish football and winning nothing all there is left is big star transfer speculation. The funny thing, as well as the superficial nature of this is, is after a while new fans stop falling for it and their existing fan base grows old and withers away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.