Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
The timing of letting Torres go is a strange one for me, end of the season no issue, but half way through a season you don't weaken a squad, however good our squad is.

I agree.

Back to your question, I think up to say £25m, I can't imagine Dortmund would accept that as premium in January. Over £30m, might begin to feel worth it, at the risk of not securing top4.

(and yes gus, I know you are already typing up your definitive Dortmund are guaranteed top4 this season, jusy remember how many times and how confidently you expected them Not to make top4 last year and I kept expecting them to squeeze in there, when they were hovering around 7th. They will know there is a risk and be professional about it, would be irresponsible otherwise).

Would we offer £30m+, as well as negotiating energy on Dortmund, for a player we might feel we can land for that much less and with no hassle from his club at least by simply paying a release clause? That could pretty much pay up his agent's and dad's bonuses.

I don't really think so. Pre torres sale, I would have felt almost certain. Now, I highly doubt it. I don't see how a January move really suits anyone, unfortunately.

I agree.

Back to your question, I think up to say £25m, I can't imagine Dortmund would accept that as premium in January. Over £30m, might begin to feel worth it, at the risk of not securing top4.

(and yes gus, I know you are already typing up your definitive Dortmund are guaranteed top4 this season, jusy remember how many times and how confidently you expected them Not to make top4 last year and I kept expecting them to squeeze in there, when they were hovering around 7th. They will know there is a risk and be professional about it, would be irresponsible otherwise).

Would we offer £30m+, as well as negotiating energy on Dortmund, for a player we might feel we can land for that much less and with no hassle from his club at least by simply paying a release clause? That could pretty much pay up his agent's and dad's bonuses.

I don't really think so. Pre torres sale, I would have felt almost certain. Now, I highly doubt it. I don't see how a January move really suits anyone, unfortunately.
Not sure when Fifa's agent ruling comes into play, Riaola getting his grubby mits on serious cash will help any deal.

Well I guess he had been injured for ages anyway and they assume our coach will just Pep his way out of it.
Ages? 6 weeks and about to return

We have lost Rodri and Jesus and possibly Walker, who knows how long for.

Mahrez off to the Arfican nations , as said you don't weaken when chasing trophies unless we are skint ;) or have something lined up.

Not sure when Fifa's agent ruling comes into play, Riaola getting his grubby mits on serious cash will help any deal.

Another thought that did cross my mind.

Just can't see it happening though, will believe that one (cap on agent fees) when i see it

Ages? 6 weeks and about to return

We have lost Rodri and Jesus and possibly Walker, who knows how long for.

Mahrez off to the Arfican nations , as said you don't weaken when chasing trophies unless we are skint ;) or have something lined up.
I hope you are right, but I don’t think we will sign anyone in January.

I hope Haaland isn't wasting our time.

If he want to join City then I am sure Khaldoon will bring him, if not and he see City as his plan B or C then just move to the next target.

I think striker role is over rated anyway, City don't have striker yet no club scored more goals in England so far this season than City.

Most goals in Europe so far :

50 goals for City & Liverpool

41 goals for Real Madrid

49 goals for Inter

56 goals for Bayern Munich

39 goals for Paris
I want and think there is a good chance to get Haaland. That said Its easy to think Haaland will score 30 so suddenly the team will score 30 more goals, we wouldn’t as others wouls score less.
So lets say he scores 30 and guess that means the team scores 10 - 15 more. The hope is those 10 15 come in tight games we are struggling to get over the line. That isn’t guaranteed though.
Of course if we didn’t get Haaland the further down the striker list you go the less chance of them greatly improving what we have because we are already very very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.