Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something that I think is a bit sobering is to think of City as a proposition for Haaland without Pep. We are still competitive but the dominance of recent years is down in large part to his leadership.

Being close to the club we know how well run it is but from the perspective of an outsider I think it'll be harder to tell. Every club pitching to the Haaland camp will be talking up their grand plans and how well run they are.

I don't think this is a decisive factor but it's something to bear in mind for posters saying that if he wants to win trophies it just has to be City. They'll be looking at their chances over a 4-5 year window. Signing for City it looks unlikely that Pep is there for that whole time. Personally I reckon he'll stay longer than his current contract but right now there's only another 18 months in writing.

On a bright note however unrealistic the prospect , the rags are clearly demonstrating that salary apart, they absolutely offer no viable option for him to consider for any forseeable future.

He's a brilliant player obviously but there would be a whole circus around him and we'd have to pay him more than everyone else which would cause resentment and disrupt things. I'm coming around to the idea of Vlahovic even though I've only seen snippets of him on youtube!
I’m not sure we have Ronaldo/Rooney type players whose fragile ego is based on being paid more than his teammates. If Haaland comes in and makes the impact we all know he can I think our current crop will accept his wage.

I’m not sure we have Ronaldo/Rooney type players whose fragile ego is based on being paid more than his teammates. If Haaland comes in and makes the impact we all know he can I think our current crop will accept his wage.
People need to understand that when you set KdB as the highest wage of the current squad at his current numbers, bringing in a worldclass striker on Haaland’s numbers isn’t “breaking wage structure”, but rather following a linearity. The same way Lukaku didn’t “break Chelsea’s wage structure” by coming in on significantly more than Kante, their previous highest wage. There was a spot there waiting to be filled.

If that player is already established legends like Messi or Ronaldo and put them above the current City Player highest earner, then our player will easier to accept because it's frigging Messi or Ronaldo that already earn many award both personal, club and national level.

But if you put Haaland on wages that similar or above KDB on his first season, that's makes really uneasy for our boys in the squad. It's leads many of our player suddenly asking a similar kind of wages, leading to whole wages structure starting to falling apart creating unsustainable mess for future problem to deal with.

It's leads many of our player suddenly asking a similar kind of wages, leading to whole wages structure starting to falling apart creating unsustainable mess for future problem to deal with.
This is the worst myth and cliche in football. This isn’t how this works anywhere. No single Real Madrid player will be knocking on Florentino Perez’s door asking for a raise because Mbappe walked in making more than all of them. They know the place this player occupies in football today and the expectations for them. For Haaland it would be the same wherever it lands.

Why would anyone want to go to United?

How about this, we are now getting to the stage that whoever comes and turns them into a successful club will be something of a name.... I can just see the stories now linking Haaland and Cantona together(both with that Leeds connection).

Don't get me wrong I hope he does come to us and all things being equal I think he would, but don't be blind, in the same way before our success we where able to sign some great players even though United was the safer option.

Why would anyone want to go to United?

How about this, we are now getting to the stage that whoever comes and turns them into a successful club will be something of a name.... I can just see the stories now linking Haaland and Cantona together(both with that Leeds connection).

Don't get me wrong I hope he does come to us and all things being equal I think he would, but don't be blind, in the same way before our success we where able to sign some great players even though United was the safer option.
'some great players' isn't the same as arguably the mot sought after player in world football

He's a brilliant player obviously but there would be a whole circus around him and we'd have to pay him more than everyone else which would cause resentment and disrupt things. I'm coming around to the idea of Vlahovic even though I've only seen snippets of him on youtube!
Is that really a thing though? These are adults that have been around football since before they knew there times tables. Goals win games goal scorers get paid top bunce so shall it ever be. Maybe world class talent like KDB could ask for parity at next contract negotiations and the next level down can use it to negotiate a better contract. It raises the wage ceiling so surely it has a positive affect all down the team

They cannot keep pretending an interesting in Haaland after this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.