Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be missing something obvious, but how can we hold formal talks with Raiola in January if we don’t have permission from Dortmund (i.e. a deal in principle agreed)?

I know unofficial talks happen behind the scenes without selling clubs’ permission, but this seems very formal?

Are we holding talks with Raiola?

You don't need a deal in principle with a club to talk to a player, just the club's permission.

I feel this is a positive sign re Haaland. I’d imagine if we had gotten negative signs from Raiola we could have moved for Vlahovic in January already, but it seems we won’t do that

He won't be coming here. He's just not a city signing.....unfortunately
I find this misguided given that we offered astronomical sums for kane in the summer. Clearly we see the striker position as worthy of a big spend. Rightly so given our wastefulness in front of goal at times.

I feel this is a positive sign re Haaland. I’d imagine if we had gotten negative signs from Raiola we could have moved for Vlahovic in January already, but it seems we won’t do that

Hopefully , though thats assuming our Haaland alternative is Vlahovic, there is nothing concrete to say it is. Our Haaland alternative could be somebody else also not available until summer.

I find this misguided given that we offered astronomical sums for kane in the summer. Clearly we see the striker position as worthy of a big spend. Rightly so given our wastefulness in front of goal at times.
I think the ingredients were different with Kane.
England captain, English quota, different agent, not as much money.

I hope im wrong and we sign Haaland but I can't see it. Ive seen too many of these threads over the years with players we might be getting but never end up with.

I think the ingredients were different with Kane.
England captain, English quota, different agent, not as much money.

I hope im wrong and we sign Haaland but I can't see it. Ive seen too many of these threads over the years with players we might be getting but never end up with.
I get the pessimism, but understand this is a different combination of the team never been playing better and looking more appealing for young talent, the need in the position (there isn’t a single major club out there who needs a striker more than us, even more so with Torres leaving), the history of the player and the club, us being amongst the very few that would afford it and the PL being by far the “place to be” for players at his stage, more than ever when compared to other leagues. There are plenty of factors (including reliable journalists confirming our interest) to make it at least a strong possibility. And pessimism at the end of the day is just a defensive mechanism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.