Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the ingredients were different with Kane.
England captain, English quota, different agent, not as much money.

I hope im wrong and we sign Haaland but I can't see it. Ive seen too many of these threads over the years with players we might be getting but never end up with.
We offered £120,000,000 for kane to the best of my knowledge. It will be about the same money after the release clause and agent/father fee for haaland...wages may be higher for haaland but then he'll be recoupoing more for us in other ways as he's a bigger world star already than kane...plus he's got years ahead of him. Also, there is a distinct lack of elite striker talent to attain as far as i can see so we have no choice but to fight for what is there.

The deal will be in the same cost ballpark.

Hopefully , though thats assuming our Haaland alternative is Vlahovic, there is nothing concrete to say it is. Our Haaland alternative could be somebody else also not available until summer.
Haaland was only ever moving in the summer, the fact that we don’t seem to be pursuing anyone in January is a good sign to me. I’d guess Vlahovic, Felix and Alvarez (or whoever our alternative is) would be available in January for the right price

Are we holding talks with Raiola?

You don't need a deal in principle with a club to talk to a player, just the club's permission.
There’ve been a few reports that Raiola’s in MCR for Haaland & Pogba talks in January, including from Tolmie.

Still, even without a deal in principle, it suggests Dortmund are at the table. Their noises in public have suggested otherwise.

If that player is already established legends like Messi or Ronaldo and put them above the current City Player highest earner, then our player will easier to accept because it's frigging Messi or Ronaldo that already earn many award both personal, club and national level.

But if you put Haaland on wages that similar or above KDB on his first season, that's makes really uneasy for our boys in the squad. It's leads many of our player suddenly asking a similar kind of wages, leading to whole wages structure starting to falling apart creating unsustainable mess for future problem to deal with.
Hmmm, maybe, but maybe not. KDB is a great team player who would rather assist than score and is not all about himself. He is modest and self depreciating when interviewed and I thus would be surprised if he kicked up a stink if the greatest striker in world football rolled up and turned us into the greatest team I have ever seen.

There’ve been a few reports that Raiola’s in MCR for Haaland & Pogba talks in January, including from Tolmie.

Still, even without a deal in principle, it suggests Dortmund are at the table. Their noises in public have suggested otherwise.

Cheers.

Yeah I don't see them as a club stopping discussions, no matter how much they posture publicly.

I also don't see Raiola giving a fuck either tbf.

Cheers.

Yeah I don't see them as a club stopping discussions, no matter how much they posture publicly.

I also don't see Raiola giving a fuck either tbf.
What the Dortmund CEO has said publicly about two weeks ago is that they would be sitting down with him in the “coming weeks” to discuss his future. I assume it’s to present a new contract proposal. What they will prefer if it’s turned down we don’t know

I found this comparison between Haaland and Vlahovic on Twitter today. This isn’t a knock on Vlahovic, who would be a good alternative (but weirdly I find less likely to happen than Haaland now), but just to show the difference

Special attention to “successful pressures”
View attachment 32874
You’ve gotta take into cosideration that Dortmund is a CL team and top 2 in Germany, while Fiorentina finished 14th last season

You’ve gotta take into cosideration that Dortmund is a CL team and top 2 in Germany, while Fiorentina finished 14th last season
Of course, but this is a player vs player comparison. Even comparing Haaland with players in much better teams he edges them out, in the replies you will find other graphs and you can create your own graph. And it should be noted that Fiorentina this current season is tied with Roma in 6th place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.