Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe if you stop jerking off to Haaland's posters then you will comprehend my point. Haaland is better than Delap, the league he is playing in, has made his numbers a bit inflated too.

But the fact that we now have Alvarez who is a prodigy himself, and rather than sending Delap out on loan, Pep is integrating him into the first team and how he praises him lavishly, Delap won't be allowed to leave on loan next season too imo.

If Delap is staying then Haaland won't join us, two forwards who are very similar.
Dortmund wanted him to replace Haaland, that's all you need to know how much highly rated Delap is.

Pep is also integrating Kayky into the team. Must be planning on cashing in on foden.

Pep is also integrating Kayky into the team. Must be planning on cashing in on foden.

Except there is a clear pathway for Delap from EDS to first team, and no one is interested in Kayky to replace any of the most valuable players today.

Except there is a clear pathway for Delap from EDS to first team, and no one is interested in Kayky to replace any of the most valuable players today.

In what way, what's the difference?

Both have been on the bench a couple times this season, and spent a
few minutes on the pitch.

What makes Delap the exception.

In what way, what's the difference?

Both have been on the bench a couple times this season, and spent a
few minutes on the pitch.

What makes Delap the exception.
Delap's contract extension and our pursuit of Harry Kane in last window. Delap would have gradually succeeded him, and you don't sign forwards like Haaland, who is young and will cost more than Harry Kane, to replace them with academy graduates.

With the signing of Alvarez, it's either Haaland or Delap.

Maybe if you stop jerking off to Haaland's posters then you will comprehend my point. Haaland is better than Delap, the league he is playing in, has made his numbers a bit inflated too.

But the fact that we now have Alvarez who is a prodigy himself, and rather than sending Delap out on loan, Pep is integrating him into the first team and how he praises him lavishly, Delap won't be allowed to leave on loan next season too imo.

If Delap is staying then Haaland won't join us, two forwards who are very similar.
Dortmund wanted him to replace Haaland, that's all you need to know how much highly rated Delap is.

Seeing Alvarez Hattrick today and if he did that kind of finish on regular basis for our club. I don't think we even need haaland tbh.

Delap big advantage over haaland is Delap already familiar with our system having been playing through our academy since he was a kid. Haaland need to adapt despite a generational talent he is, like any other Pep signing he need to adapt with our system and need to be expected playing more than what he is currently doing right now.

Alvarez playing with familiar system because Gallardo's River Plate employ a similar tactic and playing style, so i expect he will have easier time to adapt playing with our team.

So we already have enough for our striker problem and will not missing a much if Haaland doesn't join us.

Delap's contract extension and our pursuit of Harry Kane in last window. Delap would have gradually succeeded him, and you don't sign forwards like Haaland, who is young and will cost more than Harry Kane, to replace them with academy graduates.

With the signing of Alvarez, it's either Haaland or Delap.

I get that you want that to be the case. And it would be nice. Can't see it though.

Can't see the club being irresponsible not to sign a top player (not necessarily Haaland) ready to perform at the top level, on the off chance a player with a few hames on the bench might make it into the team in a few years. Same went for Kane, if he had been signed, literally no difference for delap with who it is. If anything, he would be less likely to get minutes with Kane.

I was being flippant with Kayky. The point stands though. There will be a path to the first team for talented kids. Won't stop the club buying too players to compete for titles in the meantime.

I like Delap and would love to see him make it like everyone else here but are you seriously comparing him to Haaland? There’s a reason every top club in Europe has been linked to him at some point. We are Manchester City, we need the best players. I understand people are sceptical about the finances behind the deal but we were willing to spend 100m on Grealish and bid 120m for Kane last summer, we are definitely in the market for a big name striker regardless of Delap or Alvarez

Big fan of Delap but I honestly don't think signing Haaland or Alvarez effects him. I see Alvarez playing across the front 3. And both Delap and Haaland have missed a fair few games this season and with Gabby, Mahrez and Sterling on the last year of their contracts think at least 1 will move on. There will be minutes for Delap, Haaland and Alvarez between cups, rotation and injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.