Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering how Pep is integrating Delap into the first team and how he constantly praises him in press conferences, I don't think Haaland is coming. Both of them in the same squad just won't work.
It will 2 similar players, backing each other up. Delap has potential but appears a little too raw at present, certainly in short glimpses recently

I've got a huge amount of faith in Delap. He may never reach the goal to game ratios of Haaland or be a future Balon D'or winner, but he'll be a very good Premier League striker.

I love Haaland and he'd be excellent in our side, but there are plenty of cons to him too. That's why I won't be upset if we go with Alvarez and Delap next season - both natural goalscorers.

It will 2 similar players, backing each other up. Delap has potential but appears a little too raw at present, certainly in short glimpses recently

I think Delap could prove better for our team play than Haaland could.

My thinking is that we’re pretty damn good without a striker and big strikers, like both Haarland and Delap, are not the most effective doing the tippy tippy stuff around the box against low blocks.
They are very effective in more open games and it is, of course, useful to have a player that can change your dynamic drastically at times.
This has me thinking that, yes, a big striker would be good to have in the squad but that it would need to be a player who was happy to be rotated.
I don’t think Haaland would like being rotated and I don’t think you can afford to rest a player that would cost as much as him.
On the other hand, Delap is home grown / no big outlay and more likely to accept not starting every game . . at least for a few years anyhow.

Added to the above, Haaland’s salary demands could wreck the wage structure and cause all kinds of untied style dressing room discord.
Delap’s salary demands would not eff up the wage structure and we know he’d fit in as a character because he already trains with the first team

Another Delap advantage is that his agent isn’t Raiola.

Having said all that, if City do get Haaland then they get him for a reason and the club knows far better than I do.

Its interesting to see how many are clamoring for getting Haaland, when we dont have a scooby about how he would affect us and potentially change our style of play completely..
Don't get me wrong, he seems a 'once-in-a-generation' talent and would surely enhance our already incredible squad and team. However, he would need to be integrated and taught how to play in the style of Manchester City, which wont be the slam-dunk that a lot of people are thinking.
After all the 'Ra Ra' initially feelings, I admit to becoming somewhat ambivalent about his signing. On one hand i am so excited, but on the other hand, i dont want us to change much, if any, as we continue our trophy haul of the last few years........ its certainly a conundrum for me personally!
How many more Blues feel the same way?
Is it the older Blues (as I!) who have these mixed feelings?
Is it mainly the younger Blues, who absolutely want him, as he is a generational talent?
It is without doubt, going to be an interesting and indeed very exciting summer. Hopefully, whilst we are parading the PL and CL Trophies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.