Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
No chance of him spending another year with Dortmund at this rate
He’s wasted the last 6 months of this season as it is, between their competitive failings and the injury situation. Shame he didn’t get out in January.

Its interesting to see how many are clamoring for getting Haaland, when we dont have a scooby about how he would affect us and potentially change our style of play completely..
Don't get me wrong, he seems a 'once-in-a-generation' talent and would surely enhance our already incredible squad and team. However, he would need to be integrated and taught how to play in the style of Manchester City, which wont be the slam-dunk that a lot of people are thinking.
After all the 'Ra Ra' initially feelings, I admit to becoming somewhat ambivalent about his signing. On one hand i am so excited, but on the other hand, i dont want us to change much, if any, as we continue our trophy haul of the last few years........ its certainly a conundrum for me personally!
How many more Blues feel the same way?
Is it the older Blues (as I!) who have these mixed feelings?
Is it mainly the younger Blues, who absolutely want him, as he is a generational talent?
It is without doubt, going to be an interesting and indeed very exciting summer. Hopefully, whilst we are parading the PL and CL Trophies!
A long way round to saying what many others are saying. Great striker yes, but not one we necessarily need.

I think we’re the same, I would love for us to get him, but I’m kosher so long as he doesn’t end up elsewhere in the Prem.

Delap looks ok at present...nothing more...Pep may praise him BUT he also said publicly that Delap needs to work on some basics and made the point about his first touch (and its plain to see that that needs to improve quite a bit)

Delap isnt anywhere near the level of Haaland and might never be....Haaland is already there and could get better.

Im all for academy graduates coming through but we need a bit of realism as well....Foden has made it....Mcatee and Palmer could possibly as both look exceptional young players (but will they make it with us?)...Delap, at present looks a level below that....though you have to take into consideration that his development this season has been stunted by long term injury absences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.