Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-contract is still possible if his release clause activated on February 1st.
You sure about that? & are you sure his release clause was activated on 1st Feb?

Not saying you’re wrong, but can you add some more meat to the bones bud?

You sure about that? & are you sure his release clause was activated on 1st Feb?

Not saying you’re wrong, but can you add some more meat to the bones bud?
I don’t know when his release clause activates. It depends how it was negotiated.

Whether the release clause activates on Feb 2nd or June 1st, it makes no material difference to when Haaland can move because of registration rules (i.e. transfer window).

What the earlier date would mean is that City could agree and sign a deal with Haaland at the release clause fee within FIFA transfer rules.

If the date is June 1st, it means we can’t get anything signed (right now) without Dortmund’s explicit agreement, which they may not want to do if they’re still attempting to convince him to stay.

I don’t know when his release clause activates. It depends how it was negotiated.

Whether the release clause activates on Feb 2nd or June 1st, it makes no material difference to when Haaland can move because of registration rules (i.e. transfer window).

What the earlier date would mean is that City could agree and sign a deal with Haaland at the release clause fee within FIFA transfer rules.

If the date is June 1st, it means we can’t get anything signed (right now) without Dortmund’s explicit agreement, which they may not want to do if they’re still attempting to convince him to stay.
Cheers bud, the part in bold is the part I had no idea about

But surely if he signed a (hypothetical) contract on Feb 2nd then he couldn't play for anyone until the transfer window re-opened?

But surely if he signed a (hypothetical) contract on Feb 2nd then he couldn't play for anyone until the transfer window re-opened?
Correct - but it would mean the deal is legally concrete, with Dortmund having no say in the matter as the (hypothetically) active clause has been met.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.