Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
But surely if he signed a (hypothetical) contract on Feb 2nd then he couldn't play for anyone until the transfer window re-opened?
That’s what I presumed, but AB has clearly checked the FIFA rules, so signing a pre-contract seems to be doable much like a player entering the last 6 months of their contract if the release clause is active

That’s what I presumed, but AB has clearly checked the FIFA rules, so signing a pre-contract seems to be doable much like a player entering the last 6 months of their contract if the release clause is active
Correct, it’s just unusual because it doesn’t really suit any party.

The player will be limiting the negotiating power they gain once the clock is ticking during the window.

The buying club would be risking something like a catastrophic injury in between signing the papers and the actual move, or a major change in financial circumstance (given the wages committed), or alternative targets suddenly becoming available.

There are risks associated with a premature signature, but I’m not on the board so that’s not my decision to take :)

All this assuming, of course, the release clause is active. If not, we’re relying on reaching an agreed deal with Dortmund while the season is ongoing. Doesn’t really suit them either, as they may still be trying to convince him to stay, though the narrative from Watzke is that he wants a decision.

Dortmund would still hold his registration, so he could play for them until the summer
Not in this (very) hypothetical case, we're not talking of a pre-contract but a full one. He would be unregistered but under contract with whoever had signed him.

There is no release clause which activated on Feb the 2nd BTW, it's purely hypothetical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.