Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really get the feeling Barca and Real fans in particular live in a different world to most other football fans.

City are riding high at the moment, strong financially, have waited a long time to replace Aguero and that's why they can justify a Haaland bid.

Real fans want Mbappé and Haaland in the same window. Barca are struggling to balance the books with the players they have now and they think it's wise to go for a mega signing in the summer. If any English club were in either situation, they would at least be aware of the negative optics of it(the press would be all over it, if it was City). Yet there's never signs of any embarrassment from the fans of those clubs, no thoughts about "am I hypocrite" ever crosses their minds. Not just with the Haaland situation either, their clubs have a long history of buying success, of buying their way out of any difficulty. Whether they have the money or not, they'll find a way to do it. State money, Qatar money, UAE money they've done it all. Yet they have the cheek to moan about City.
I wonder how many of them are actual fans who take time to get to know how their club works. They probably see them win the champs league start supporting them and expect thst every year. The Internet has given these fans an equal voice bizzarely

Not bothered either way about Haaland, if he wants to come to City than great, I would prefer a forward who 100% wants to play for City.

I think City with Pep and the way City are run are the best place for a young player to come and learn. If a player wants to play else so be it.

If the player wants to play in Spain but chooses City for the money I wouldnt be happy with that.

His chose should be 100% what's best for his career, where ever he chooses he will be a very rich man.

Like I said in an earlier post it's odd how the biggest names stikers seem to want to avoid the premier league. The premier league attracts top top players in every other position. Are forwards scared of the premier league and prefer 'easier' leagues ? I mean when City played PSG I forgot Messi, Neymar and Mbappe were on the pitch !

This is why we need a top quality striker:
(Since guardiola joined)

Aguero 124 / 182 (0.68 goals per game)
16/17 33 / 45
17/18 30 / 39
18/19 32 / 46
19/20 23 / 32
20/21 6 / 20

Sterling 116 / 278 (0.42 per game)
16/17 10 / 47
17/18 23 / 46
18/19 25 / 51
19/20 31 / 52
20/21 14 / 49 (Without striker)
21/22 13 / 33 (Without striker)

Aguero was so productive. We need to replace that output.

He made the attackers around him better by either taking pressure off or creating space for them.

A striker will make us so much more dangerous and Haaland is the best option available.

Guardiola has found a way to work around this issue but it makes it much harder on the players

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.