Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m still amazed we never went in for Messi and PSG had a clear run at him. I wonder if that’s because we always had a longer term plan in place and let’s be honest this deal for Haaland is going to cost a serious amount of money.

The more I think about it as well you bid for Kane a top striker in world football but never really pushed that hard and you know Spurs are one of the hardest teams to negotiate with. I’m I thinking to much into this? But did we bid for Kane unsuccessfully on purpose and not pursue Messi on purpose because we always had this planned?

“Yes we really do want and need a striker please come here Erling”

We never went for Messi because we’d just signed Grealish. There was no room for him and our budget was down £100m.

We never went for Messi because we’d just signed Grealish. There was no room for him and our budget was down £100m.
At £500k p/w and a free transfer (plus signing on fee?) for a two year contract, the outlay per season wouldn’t have been too different to Kane.

Think we just didn’t want to go down that road again.

It’s sad seeing these reporters having to run a story they know is bullshit but needs to stay alive for commercial reasons

By the time Barca are in a financial position to make it work for Haaland he will already be at another club.

By the time Barca are in a financial position to make it work for Haaland he will already be at another club.
But they will get the “we’re back!” message out by just pretending to be in the race, which is the whole point. They already got their mouthpieces out running the “if we can’t get him, we’ll still get a big striker” spin

But they will get the “we’re back!” message out by just pretending to be in the race, which is the whole point. They already got their mouthpieces out running the “if we can’t get him, we’ll still get a big striker” spin
Yeah have never felt Barca is a realistic prospect for Haaland over Madrid (if Spain). Barca have too many other positional priorities for this summer - and with Aubameyang firing, there’s no desperation up top.

Painting themselves in the public eye as a sincere option for Haaland helps them secure targets elsewhere on the pitch though, for sure.

It’s us or Madrid. There was a time earlier in the season when I was concerned about the rags coming in with an absurd offer, as they often do with us, but they’re a total fucking rotten shambles. Unless my respect for Haaland is misplaced, he’ll take one look at them and laugh.

Us or Madrid. Outside chance of PSG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.