Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beware the Werner factor. High scoring striker in Germany comes to the Premier League and struggles.

I'd ignore the media talk. They know nothing as has been shown in repeated windows. Last summer Koulibaly was a done deal and there was not one whisper about Dias.
I’ve watched Haaland regularly since he broke into the first team at Molde. He’s going straight to the top. Unstoppable in Norway, Austria, Germany, in the CL and for a poor national team. He’s killing it for every team in every competition. Elite winners mentality, always looks to improve on something.

Anyone who watched Werner in the Bundesliga knew he was overrated, has always missed so many sitters

Beware the Werner factor. High scoring striker in Germany comes to the Premier League and struggles.

I'd ignore the media talk. They know nothing as has been shown in repeated windows. Last summer Koulibaly was a done deal and there was not one whisper about Dias.

Sébastien Haller - good in Bundes, 45mil to Westham, half price a year later to Ajax

Andrej Kramaric - Leicester flop, 18 goals in 20 games for Hoffenheim this season

Joelinton, Kai Havertz, Mkhitaryan, Ousmane Dembele, Luka Jovic

Loads of attackers in recent years have looked brilliant in Bundes but rubbish elsewhere. Some transition to here well though(Sane, Aubameyang, Son) and there's nothing to suggest Halaand doesn't fit into this category.

Makes me suspicious, when the Catalans let the press know that they want a player it usually means they have another target.

They’ve got form for the long pursuit. Sterling and Walker were two players city telegraphed their interest in. Same with KDB. I know what you mean about them always having red herrings in the media but with Haaland their desire is clear and serious.

Sébastien Haller - good in Bundes, 45mil to Westham, half price a year later to Ajax

Andrej Kramaric - Leicester flop, 18 goals in 20 games for Hoffenheim this season

Joelinton, Kai Havertz, Mkhitaryan, Ousmane Dembele, Luka Jovic

Loads of attackers in recent years have looked brilliant in Bundes but rubbish elsewhere. Some transition to here well though(Sane, Aubameyang, Son) and there's nothing to suggest Halaand doesn't fit into this category.
Sane to Bayern

A big concern is it remains unlikely Dortmund would sell both Haaland and Sancho and have to recruit a new manager. That’s an awful awful amount of work to be done and somewhat unlikely, in theory.

Unlike the majority here, I highly doubt that such a forward with questionable technique is an ideal choice for City. Of course, Pep could make it work, but would it be worth the hassle? Haaland looks fenomenal in Buli, but so did Havertz.

What we need more IMO is a wing forward with Sterling's ability to get behind defenders but better finishing prowess. Mbappe is the best player of this kind, though there might be alternatives

I'd guess a lot depends on if Messi comes or not. If he signs, there won't be much space left in the middle, considering Foden's recent success as a CF/false 9 - they could even play together in the 'hole', feeding wingers and scoring themselves
Good to see an alternative opinion.

I hope we get someone perfect for Pep whoever that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.