Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
A big concern is it remains unlikely Dortmund would sell both Haaland and Sancho and have to recruit a new manager. That’s an awful awful amount of work to be done and somewhat unlikely, in theory.
Wouldn`t be surprised to see Sancho leave, but re Haaland, I think it would be very tempting to sell him for e.g. £100m this summer rather than the £67m release clause a year later

If we don’t, another club will. Everyone in football knows that. He is leaving Dortmund in the summer.
Maybe mate. I was not suggesting that's at we should do, I just think that's what we will do. But we'll see.
I think City would rather pay a bit extra to avoid the hassle of having to compete with other teams for the signature and guarantee his signing. Although I have no idea I assume they realised that waiting a year to replace Vinny cost us and dont want a repeat with Aguero
Hopefully mate. We're going to be very light up front next season, so we could really do with getting him in the summer. Plus, it's not like we've spent much on strikers recently. Pep's spent a total of £25m on Jesus, so they may be willing to give him a chunk of money for Haaland. The problem is, Dortmund will want an absolute fortune for him and that leech, Raola, will also want a ridiculous payday from it too. Recent history has shown we dont like to be bent over but we might make an exception here.

A big concern is it remains unlikely Dortmund would sell both Haaland and Sancho and have to recruit a new manager. That’s an awful awful amount of work to be done and somewhat unlikely, in theory.
Dortmund never seem to be a club to hang on to players if the right deal is there. If he could go for 120-140 million maybe this summer, i think they take it rather than waiting a year and getting half that for him. They are never shy at bringing in new young kids and taking punts on players and it works really well for them.

We do have some cards to play with Dortmund, the Sancho sell on money,Braaf interests them apparently. Would offering Delap on loan or sold with a buy back be another option. Think he’s the sort of player they like to develop and if we had Haaland his opportunities with Jesus and Haaland ahead of him would be quite limited.

I'd prefer Mbappe if i"m honest right now, but I would be absolutely buzzing to sign this guy too. Especially as I was buzzing to sign his Dad years ago. I remember hearing how Alf was an absolute athlete with the fitness of an Olympian. It was very unfortunate for us that his knee went. Surly it would be great for him to see his son here? And I'm sure he still hates Utd.

Is there a scenario where Dortmund sell Sancho first to the rags and wait another year for Haaland. Have we seen clubs selling their two prized assets the same window unless they are going bankrupt.
City should not try to throw lowball offers unless City have have already a deal with Raiola and Haaland's dad. Honestly sometimes I prefer the Bayern way, make the situation so untenable and the player so convinced, nothing the parent club can do about it. They did that to us vis-a-vis Sane.

Is there a scenario where Dortmund sell Sancho first to the rags and wait another year for Haaland. Have we seen clubs selling their two prized assets the same window unless they are going bankrupt.
City should not try to throw lowball offers unless City have have already a deal with Raiola and Haaland's dad. Honestly sometimes I prefer the Bayern way, make the situation so untenable and the player so convinced, nothing the parent club can do about it. They did that to us vis-a-vis Sane.
Yes, I can see that, although it could happen the other way round, Sancho has longer on his contract and they will get more for Halaand if they sell him this summer due to his sell on clause. To be honest either way works for us: get him for next season as Aguero’s star quality starts to fade or get him for less the season after when Aguero will probably be gone (I feel quite emotional typing those last words).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.