Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this stuff about the lure of London. Nothing stopping him spending a lot of time down there. I work all week but when covid not on still spend 8/10 weekends a year there.

All this stuff about the lure of London. Nothing stopping him spending a lot of time down there. I work all week but when covid not on still spend 8/10 weekends a year there.
If he joined us though something tells me he’d be relatively busy most weekends....

Unlike the majority here, I highly doubt that such a forward with questionable technique is an ideal choice for City. Of course, Pep could make it work, but would it be worth the hassle? Haaland looks fenomenal in Buli, but so did Havertz.

What we need more IMO is a wing forward with Sterling's ability to get behind defenders but better finishing prowess. Mbappe is the best player of this kind, though there might be alternatives

I'd guess a lot depends on if Messi comes or not. If he signs, there won't be much space left in the middle, considering Foden's recent success as a CF/false 9 - they could even play together in the 'hole', feeding wingers and scoring themselves

Loads of things. City's seeming openness about the fact they want him to replace Aguero. The fact that Dortmund are having a poor season. The fact that this summer I don't think Madrid or Barcelona can afford him. The fact that for Dortmund a sale this summer means banking probably 30-40 million pounds more than the following year, which in a COVID hit football market is a lot of money. The fact that there's a spot in the City team which he walks into without any competition. The fact that his dad used to play for us.

But really the biggest thing is the first thing. The way the club have operated in the past, they are always at pains to distance themselves from players who they aren't in for. And conversely they will generally acknowledge when they really want a player. The fact that we're in the part of the season when we like to start beginning to get our targets properly lined up, and we're now getting a raft of stories that he's our top target, suggests to me that we feel confident that we can land him.
Havnt heard that many facts since Rafa Benetez press conference years ago, good effort sir ;-)

Eh? I was not suggesting we should wait!!!!

Now probably is the perfect time to go for him (if we are interested) however, unfortunately, I have no say in when or if we should go for him.

Yes, I agree we need a replacement for Aguero. Yes, the sooner the better imo. But, do you honestly think we'll splash out 100+ million for him his summer when his buy-out clause is around £68m next year? Personally, whether I (or you) want it or not, I can't see it myself.
I think City would rather pay a bit extra to avoid the hassle of having to compete with other teams for the signature and guarantee his signing. Although I have no idea I assume they realised that waiting a year to replace Vinny cost us and dont want a repeat with Aguero

Beware the Werner factor. High scoring striker in Germany comes to the Premier League and struggles.

I'd ignore the media talk. They know nothing as has been shown in repeated windows. Last summer Koulibaly was a done deal and there was not one whisper about Dias.

Beware the Werner factor. High scoring striker in Germany comes to the Premier League and struggles.

I'd ignore the media talk. They know nothing as has been shown in repeated windows. Last summer Koulibaly was a done deal and there was not one whisper about Dias.

What about KDB then? Hasn't done that bad in the PL has he? I think you have to look at the individual. Haaland is scoring for fun in every competition he plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.