Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are the one club who are probably set up so not to be affected as much by Covid as anyone else (though obviously it has had an effect financially). However will the club be conscious of seeming to spend too much after 18 months where Covid has decimated businesses all around the world financially. Image is important to our owners and will this also effect how we act in the transfer market?
I don’t think it’s a problem. If we’re better placed than anyone else then every £1 we transfer to another club helps them. Of course it won’t be spun that way, but what’s new. Other than that, we should use every advantage we have, just as any other club would.

Don't put any credence in the sources or the fact it was done simply across all three Reach titles.

It's a known story done last month and rehashed by John Cross, with zero City contacts.

I am confident enough we know there is a chance, but a lot depends on Dortmund, who would prefer first to cash in on Sancho instead this summer as he has one year less than Haaland on his deal.

Dortmund might need the cash for both dependent on finances during Covid though?

If we get £15m on Sancho, £10m on Harrison, £9m on Braaf, you can see there is money coming on stream all the time.
Angelino money in the Summer as well I assume?

How does he do against packed defences? As in playing against teams with 10 men behind the ball?

I've seen his goals from running on to good balls over the top however he most likely won't get that space with us.

Why would we wait a year when everyone could get involved? I think this year is the perfect one to go for it. Fewer clubs can afford to pay big money this year and we need an Aguero replacement
Eh? I was not suggesting we should wait!!!!

Now probably is the perfect time to go for him (if we are interested) however, unfortunately, I have no say in when or if we should go for him.

Yes, I agree we need a replacement for Aguero. Yes, the sooner the better imo. But, do you honestly think we'll splash out 100+ million for him his summer when his buy-out clause is around £68m next year? Personally, whether I (or you) want it or not, I can't see it myself.

Eh? I was not suggesting we should wait!!!!

Now probably is the perfect time to go for him (if we are interested) however, unfortunately, I have no say in when or if we should go for him.

Yes, I agree we need a replacement for Aguero. Yes, the sooner the better imo. But, do you honestly think we'll splash out 100+ million for him his summer when his buy-out clause is around £68m next year? Personally, whether I (or you) want it or not, I can't see it myself.
If we don’t, another club will. Everyone in football knows that. He is leaving Dortmund in the summer.

You can't underestimate the lure of that there London to young domestic & foreign players.
Personally I hate the place having lived & worked there but to some, it is a bright shining beacon of light.

There is somewhat a lure of London but Haaland was born in Leeds which is closer to Manchester than London. Plus, when you have every top club after you, you're not going to a club based on the location being somewhat nicer. Haaland seems to have a strong affinity with City based on plenty of evidence, I just can't see a way Chelsea could attract him over us.

Surprised the media haven't run with 'boyhood' City fan wanting to return home.

They obviously read BM so the ignorant fuckers will have seen those pictures of him as a youngster in his City kits.

Suppose boyhood club is only a term used for the red shirts, Bayern and 2 Spanish sides.

There is somewhat a lure of London but Haaland was born in Leeds which is closer to Manchester than London. Plus, when you have every top club after you, you're not going to a club based on the location being somewhat nicer. Haaland seems to have a strong affinity with City based on plenty of evidence, I just can't see a way Chelsea could attract him over us.
His dad used to live in Alderley don’t know if he still does but he’ll know the area, might help, might not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.