Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
for that price its pep wanting him back. impossible to make any profit on 27m with covid

It also means that Zakaria deal is dead. Probably the right decision, he had big injury + would have been twice as expensive
I think there is a real possibility we could exercise the buy-back clause and immediately sell for a profit and go for a different midfielder.

I assume the Douglas Luiz buyback will be purely to make the additional money out of selling him back to them? Unless maybe we use it as a makeweight in an attempt to do a deal for Grealish?
Unlikely as we need to cover Luiz’s position more than we need somebody in Grealish’s position.

I think there is a real possibility we could exercise the buy-back clause and immediately sell for a profit and go for a different midfielder.
And who exactly is going to buy Douglas Luiz for more than £27m in this climate? the big clubs have DM position sorted and the others are completely strapped for cash

If we are activating the clause its because he will replace Fernandinho as his contract expires.

And who exactly is going to buy Douglas Luiz for more than £27m in this climate? the big clubs have DM position sorted and the others are completely strapped for cash
Obviously it would be dependent on that. I think in a normal market they'd get £40-50M. Obviously post-covid we may only get £35M or so. I'm not saying we'll definitely buy and sell but I wouldn't rule it out.

Last week a Brazilian manager (I believe it was a club interested in signing Fern if he chose to go back to Brazil) said Pep had offered Fernandinho a coaching position.

So that would fit.

This would be absolutely fantastic. I love Ferna, would be amazing for him to stay in Manchester. He might eventually accept my invitation to Bem Brasil.

FWIW, someone I know at the club told me today that we’re “going all out” for Haaland this summer. Hope he’s right. Also said that we’re definitely activating the Douglas Luiz buy-back option.
Awesome news @Ric - thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.