Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
We already signed Alvares. An upcoming CF from Argentina. In case some forgot. Who knows Alvares is gonna be an even better signing than Haaland (again IF we get the latter).

We also sold Torres, an upcoming CF from Spain. We are where we were at the start of the season.

I'm not talking about Haaland, more in general. And the Alves example stands. City had a deal agreed with all parties and he got on a plane to Paris and signed there. C'est la vie.

I'm sure this sped up the Walker deal didn't it? Swings and roundabouts and all that.

We also sold Torres, an upcoming CF from Spain. We are where we were at the start of the season.
Torres wasn’t brought in as a CF. Like others he played the false 9 but simply scored more and was less involved. So he looked more like a CF yet he wasn’t. He could become one maybe, but not with us.

I think for a while Romano was probably quite well connected. I'm sure he is still...BUT that was never sustainable. As soon as he built this brand of being a transfer content guru he simply threw himself under the bridge and couldn't keep up. His whole schtick now is to keep spoonfeeding info to the world on a daily basis, and that will lead to things being stretched out and becoming more and more flimsy.

If he wasn't making videos and doing podcasts every day with airtime to fill, he'd probably be sharing news only when it actually happens. Now he speculates to keep up. Transfer gossip just isn't happening every day, but that's boring to the masses and doesn't equate to good content, so this is what you get...a watered down, cleverly worded and vague version.

Well put.

It's rare to find a journo whose word is taken purely as gospel isn't it? I can only think of Joyce for Liverpool but I'm sure there's others out there. Ornstein used to be that for Arsenal until he branched out.

The post was about noise. The same is as true for Hollywood, the music industry, or the banking industry or anywhere else where there are multi million pound deals are done. Spend a night in a pub on Canary Wharf and you'll hear all the gossip in the world about next week's mergers or deals. When Microsoft, one of the biggest companies in the world, are producing a new console, with all of the NDAs and best lawyers in the world, the news sites will have a pretty good idea of what is happening. People talk, even if those at the top are tight lipped, and it won't always be accurate but if you put your ear to the ground and listen you can get a decent sense of what's going on.
I worked as a commercial director for companies of all sizes from SME to ftse 100 and there was only ever ‘noise’ when commercial confidentiality didn’t matter.
When confidentiality matters it stays confidential in all industries including football so nobody should fool themselves into thinking that the gossip they hear is in any way special - they only hear it because it doesn’t matter or because it’s a deliberate release to fool those who believe in magic beans.

btw. I have some magic beans for sale if anyone’s interested?

Err we don't dominate world football but we have been catching up in terms of prestige due to winning domestic trophies in one of the best leagues in the world.
It’s not supposed to be serious. I’m mimicking the Madrid news outlets’
bias. If you thought that was a serious post I take it as a compliment.

I think you do a disservice to the football businessmen who run many of the top clubs, and many of the smaller one’s too.
Yes most buying & selling is pretty open, as having price competition for a sale is beneficial to the selling club, so there are plenty of ‘leaks‘, but when serious people want to keep commercially sensitive information under wraps then that’s where it stays, as you’ll know by the occasional “out of the blue” signing for our club.
If your friend just ‘hears stuff’ then it’s stuff that doesn’t matter or she works for idiots not worthy of their roles.

I don’t get how people can imagine that businesses with multimillion pound turnover could be successfully run without any commercial confidentiality just because they happen to be involved in football.
Only This.

If you work for a multinational organisation then it makes some people’s view on BM on how big organisations work look a little bit silly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.