Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Kane had a buyout, he would be a City player
Possibly, but we will never know. What I do know is exactly the same things were said about Kane being a done deal as Haaland. And there have been other occasions with other players. The Internet is awash with so called ITKs.

Put it simple if it was done and signed then we would all know about it. Until then it isn't done.

Possibly, but we will never know. What I do know is exactly the same things were said about Kane being a done deal as Haaland. And there have been other occasions with other players. The Internet is awash with so called ITKs.

Put it simple if it was done and signed then we would all know about it. Until then it isn't done.
This revisionism I would say is incorrect. I don’t remember the sense of people thinking Kane was ever done. I remember instead months of stories and narratives about Levy not taking calls, not accepting offers, even the ITKs in this forum later on the transfer window saying there disputes about things such as shirt number, contract details etc. We had at least one Spurs fan who joined the forum and wrote a couple of long posts about what their own ITKs were saying. The sense of there being many impediments was present in the media and in this forum, that’s my recollection; what we had was the feeling that he wanted to come and that Pep wanted him. It’s a completely different story now

This revisionism I would say is incorrect. I don’t remember the sense of people thinking Kane was ever done. I remember instead months of stories and narratives about Levy not taking calls, not accepting offers, even the ITKs in this forum later on the transfer window saying there disputes about things such as shirt number, contract details etc. We had at least one Spurs fan who joined the forum and wrote a couple of long posts about what their own ITKs were saying. The sense of there being many impediments was present in the media and in this forum, that’s my recollection; what we had was the feeling that he wanted to come and that Pep wanted him. It’s a completely different story now
I recall:

City wanting Kane.

Kane wanting City.

Personal terms agreed.

Levi quoting £160m or fuck off.

City offering to £120-£130m.

Levi saying "Are you deaf? £160m or fuck off!"

City telling Kane it's gonna have to be a transfer request.

Kane not wanting to tarnish his Spurs legacy so not sending the letter.

Transfer window closes.

Kane remains a Spurs player.

City play the 2021/22 season striker-less.

That's my recollection )(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.