Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I suppose the fact he's a City fan, playing for the best team in the world, in the best league in the world and coached by the best manager in the world doesn't come into it.
Yeah there are other parts to it for sure. No player ever makes a life changing career move on the back of one thing. There is location, players, coaching, pay, schools for their kids, a whole lot.

It's just dumb that they always say "oh it's just the money " as if:

A - Being paid more to do something is a bad thing to do.

B - Its the only motive anyone has.

BBC Breakfast sports reporter just pushed the narrative he's coming because of the money and that he'll probably go to Madrid eventually. You couldn't make it up
But they do, on and on and on, ad infinitum, and the transfer fee, before the pre-season starts, will include what Dortmund pick up, Haaland's wages for the next ten years, whether he is still on our books or not, every fucking parking fine, speeding fine, every tanner a City fan has lost, the full cost of mending the Millennium Dome, and the entire expenditure on 'doing up' Rochdale Town Hall. it's well over a billion before the bags his first goal - that's if he ever scores one!

I don't think I've been so excited about a signing since we bought Trevor Francis, which I think is the highest profile addition in my life time.

He is coming because of the money. Same reason any player makes a major move in football outside of Dani Alves going back to Barca to play for minimum wage.

I wish people like this would stop acting like any of these players would go somewhere else for free but they must be coming to City for the money. Salah, Van Dijk, Havertz, Benzema, Lewandowski, Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, pick any player in the top 200 in the world.

Hell, Messi left Barca because they couldn't afford to pay him a reduced salary that was STILL over 6 figures.
You’re stuck in 2008. Haaland is making this move for his career. This isn’t Robinho.
The fact he will be paid on par with other players on mega money is irrelevant. He isn’t going to come here for pennies. They’re paid what they’re worth.

Ederson

Walker/Cancelo
Dias/Stones
Laporte/Ake
Cancelo/Zinchenko

De Bruyne
Rodri
Bernardo/Gundogan

Foden/Grealish/Sterling/Palmer
Haaland
Alvarez/Mahrez/Jesus

That's unreal. Another experienced full back with decent pace and a dynamic midfielder and that's the best side in world football bar none.

Talksport
'It appears as if the Citizens are prepared to pay Haaland an eye-watering £500,000-per-week as they look to replace Sergio Aguero.'
The Guardian
'Haaland will earn a basic salary of around £350,000 a week with considerable bonuses and is poised to sign a five-year contract.'

So, a mere £150,000 per week disparity. 'It appears...'? First rule of journalism; don't let the facts get in the way of a good story. Second rule? If you don't know, make something up (particularly, if it has the potential to stir up controversy or promote hatred).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.