Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too much if true. If he’s after money he’s better off going somewhere like the rags who will pay him that much. Isn’t KDB on something similar at the moment?

Do you think it is true though?

On the one hand, has the agent for it.

On the other, doesn't strike me as the type, at surface level at least. Plus, if any momentum starts to build with the links to us, then they got in there early with their 'big spending city pay HUUUGE to sign player' narrative, which is what I think this is more likely to be a case of.

Too much if true. If he’s after money he’s better off going somewhere like the rags who will pay him that much. Isn’t KDB on something similar at the moment?
Fernandinho's wages are 150k and Aguero's wages are 230k. That frees off 380k from the payroll table. We can negotiate Haaland to maybe a smaller fee (320k) and even give KDB a new contract. I'm not so sure if Sterling warrants one until he gets his form back, but we might have money left for that too.

We may have to put off the rest till next season though. I also don't know how the other wages will work but I think we might sell Mahrez and we will also make a lot of money off other loanees with a buy out clause. Controversial, but I like his high wage demand as in a way that clears a lot of competition for his signature.

Agree, but think the fly in the ointment here is the agent. He'll want to instigate a bidding war that lasts until the end of the summer window, whereas we tend to do buisness in advance / early, and leave the pondlife to bid against the scum.
Dortmund won't let that happen though, they always want sales done early in the window and that'll be even more the case with the Euros this summer. Remember the Sancho deadline?

Depends on contract length. Get him to sign a 6 year deal and not only could that wage look cheap by the end of it but it reduces the yearly charge to the books of his fee.

Do you think it is true though?

On the one hand, has the agent for it.

On the other, doesn't strike me as the type, at surface level at least. Plus, if any momentum starts to build with the links to us, then they got in there early with their 'big spending city pay HUUUGE to sign player' narrative, which is what I think this is more likely to be a case of.
I don’t think it’s true but if it is then I think it’s too much for a 20 year old considering how much our top players are on in comparison

Load of rubbish Imo. He would be daft to disclose his bottom line before any negotiation pure speculation. I don't care what the final agreed salary will be but it will suit both parties.
6 clubs inquired about him to both his agents and Dortmund. Maybe one of the clubs leaked what he wanted at that club. Interesting thing is Luckhurst is a rag journalist which leads me to believe that they are distancing from Haaland more and more.

He could also have different wage demands for different clubs. For example, he is guranteed trophies at City, so maybe he would ask less from us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.