Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their strapline is "The news that nobody dares to tell, in the most daring digital newspaper in Spain." Which is a double dog dare.

Makes me think of The Daily Star.
Their Real Madrid page is called “Diario Madridista”, which is very transparent. And they identify themselves as right-wing Spanish nationalist — they hate Pep.

Football transfer journalism is educated guess work at times but this is uneducated guess work. Madrid are in the shit as are Barcelona. They are not paying +£100m for anyone this summer.
This isn’t journalism

I think covid is a big factor in him moving this summer. Dortmund have always been a selling club. They know that the €75m they would get next summer is peanuts for a generational talent like Haaland. If someone puts 50m on top of that this summer I don’t see how they can reject it as their revenues will have been particularly affected by the pandemic. Apart from the German rags none of the bundesliga clubs get close to the revenues of the top PL sides. They will definitely sell this summer.
The question is do they think £50m is enough. I dont think they need the money, they have sold enough players over the years and they also have Sancho angling for a move.

Common sense says take the £50m over having the player for another year but egos come into it and when they don't need to sell they can just keep saying no. I expect them to say no, especially if Sancho goes for close to £100m.

If we can take him for the release fee the year after and give Sergio another year then why not. The £50m could also get you a year of Messi (although i would rather Haaland).

€130m would probably seal it,maybe a bit less. If reports are true and they have put a price tag on him for this summer, they must be willing to sell regardless of Champions League qualification.

Frankfurt's next 3 games are huge here. Beat Dortmund and they're 7 points clear. Then Leverkusen and Wolfsburg are right up there. If the gap is 7 points after those 3 I don't see how Dortmund make CL and then the finances and Haaland's mentality are transformed.

How can Madrid be in 'the best financial situation'. They like Barca have massive debts. They also have tax issues and lawyers / accountants crawling through the books. Not to mention a wage bill that is off the scale (£100m per annum more than us in wages alone).

Football transfer journalism is educated guess work at times but this is uneducated guess work. Madrid are in the shit as are Barcelona. They are not paying +£100m for anyone this summer.

This ^ hence the opening up of the FFP issue. These shower of bastards think they have the god given right to monopolise the best talent and even though they don‘t have the money they genuinely believe they can and will find a way to get Mbappe and Haarland et al. This is learned behaviour over the long term and they see the likes of us and PSG as scum who need putting in their place. Football will get crazy over the next few years as the G14 financially unravel and abuse their power to threaten and bully UEFA to reshape things to regain their advantage. The G14 are getting desperate but the pandemic means they are now over from a position of weakness. It’s only a matter of time before war breaks out within the G14 (Bayern will sacrifice Barcelona) and then the war will be lost.

It's just such a nonsense isn't it? It's a post covid market, and even if FFP is relaxed that doesn't mean anything. Clubs are financially struggling, Dortmund without CL football are in no position to demand that level of cash, especially when he can leave for £100m less than that next summer.

I am not convinced that there isn't a buy out in his contract.

BUT, even if there isn't, 180 is a nonsense when Dortmund would receive 40% of the 12 months later.

Also, not sure if this has been posted previously but Watze did an interview recently in the local press out there where he basically said that because of COVID losses, he would not rule any sale out. They will not risk losing 30/40 million euros by demanding 180.

I am not convinced that there isn't a buy out in his contract.

BUT, even if there isn't, 180 is a nonsense when Dortmund would receive 40% of the 12 months later.

Also, not sure if this has been posted previously but Watze did an interview recently in the local press out there where he basically said that because of COVID losses, he would not rule any sale out. They will not risk losing 30/40 million euros by demanding 180.
Would there not have been more talk of this potential release clause if it’s true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.