Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's either this or the roughly 70m clause that activates at the end of next season. If they don't get CL football, they will take under 100m imo, else the losses would be of greater magnitude.

I don't see them taking anything less than 120m.

Hopefully, from us.

I have been saying for ages that the world of football transfers has moved on. £180m is about right for where the market was heading pre covid but as of right now i think the 2 big Spanish clubs are fecked and clubs like the rags are looking at a significantly worse position. These clubs would look to do the deal with payments on the drip and any selling club is going to want cash up front. That leaves us, PSG, Munich, maybe Chelsea. So the pool of clubs is smaller.

Bottom line is that maybe Dortmund dont get what they want and he stays for a year. That might work for us.
Yep, that Okdiario website stated:-

Once the agreement with the player is closed, Real Madrid will try to lower the transfer price requested by Borussia Dortmund: “It would cost around 150 million euros in total. Real Madrid is seeing how to pay for it. They have the best financial situation of all the teams in Europe, but they are doing the stadium at the same time and they are looking at how to finance it,

which means they have as much a clue as to how Madrid would finance it as me or you. Perhaps Brexit is to blame for the 'best financial situation of all the teams in Europe' line.

Why do people blindly believe random 'news' outlets?

Are people really taking stuff from the Madrid media seriously? The least reliable in the world when it comes to transfers, bar none. The fact there are no wild claims about us and this deal probably will appeal to the player and his staff
Even Tebas himself said recently that La Liga clubs signing stars of Mbappe/Haaland calibre this summer is a dream stuff

Once the agreement with the player is closed, Real Madrid will try to lower the transfer price requested by Borussia Dortmund: “It would cost around 150 million euros in total. Real Madrid is seeing how to pay for it. They have the best financial situation of all the teams in Europe, but they are doing the stadium at the same time and they are looking at how to finance it,

which means they have as much a clue as to how Madrid would finance it as me or you. Perhaps Brexit is to blame for the 'best financial situation of all the teams in Europe' line.

Okdiario lol says it all

I have been saying for ages that the world of football transfers has moved on. £180m is about right for where the market was heading pre covid but as of right now i think the 2 big Spanish clubs are fecked and clubs like the rags are looking at a significantly worse position. These clubs would look to do the deal with payments on the drip and any selling club is going to want cash up front. That leaves us, PSG, Munich, maybe Chelsea. So the pool of clubs is smaller.

Bottom line is that maybe Dortmund dont get what they want and he stays for a year. That might work for us.

I think covid is a big factor in him moving this summer. Dortmund have always been a selling club. They know that the €75m they would get next summer is peanuts for a generational talent like Haaland. If someone puts 50m on top of that this summer I don’t see how they can reject it as their revenues will have been particularly affected by the pandemic. Apart from the German rags none of the bundesliga clubs get close to the revenues of the top PL sides. They will definitely sell this summer.

Madrid are no doubt going to go for him and put in some sort of payment plan to spread the cost, I would assume Dortmund won't want that and we can offer more cash up front. We just need to convince Haaland that we are the place to be.

I'd be very surprised if City had to pay anywhere near 180 million.

It's just such a nonsense isn't it? It's a post covid market, and even if FFP is relaxed that doesn't mean anything. Clubs are financially struggling, Dortmund without CL football are in no position to demand that level of cash, especially when he can leave for £100m less than that next summer.

How can Madrid be in 'the best financial situation'. They like Barca have massive debts. They also have tax issues and lawyers / accountants crawling through the books. Not to mention a wage bill that is off the scale (£100m per annum more than us in wages alone).

Football transfer journalism is educated guess work at times but this is uneducated guess work. Madrid are in the shit as are Barcelona. They are not paying +£100m for anyone this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.